• Register
  • Help

Topic: World instruments stopped working

Share/Bookmark

World instruments stopped working

I've been using World Instruments for a month or so now and all of a sudden it has stopped working in both Reaper and Garage Band. I can pull it up as a pluggin in both but my midi controller won't activate the sounds. Which is strange because it works with other midi instruments. And what's even more strange is that World instruments only works when I click on the issued keys with my mouse. I also tried recording random things using it, I noticed that looking at the midi map, it did record my signal but no sound from World Instruments.

After messing with it for a while here is the conclusion I've come to. It is not an issue with my midi controller, because it works with other instruments. It's not something wrong with my DAW, because it won't work for neither Reaper or Garageband. It seems that there is something wrong with the communication between the Aria player and the DAW. Any advice on this?

Re: World instruments stopped working

Hi,

Does it work in the ARIA Player standalone (make sure your soundcard and controller are selected in the preferences menu) ?
    Éric Patenaude, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

I have another idea.

Make sure your controller is set to the appropriate midi channel (ex: slot 1 responds to channel 1 by default).
    Maybe the other plugins you tried respond to midi omni, so they work no matter what channel you use...
    Éric Patenaude, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Thank you very much for your response eric. It was the issue of the channel on my midi controller. I really appreciate the quick responds.

Cheers,
    Joergie

Go Back to forum