• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Back Room Wall Of Sound Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

The Back Room Wall Of Sound Orchestra

Here are three songs from what I am calling my Rock Symphony. It is titled FOREVER IS THE NIGHT The three songs were remixed and put together...they are Foreve Is The Night ~ Dawn Of Life The Reckonin and Surfing With The Angels.

All orchestra tracks were done using GPO

Lead guitar played by Richard Watson

Everything else is me.

PS...The song Forever Is The Night was wrtten for a girl I fell in love with.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Re: The Back Room Wall Of Sound Orchestra

Hi Hippie -

Just finished listening to your 3 pieces.

Just one quick note with regards to the general mix. It seems that, in most of the music, the sustained string chords are a bit too high in the mix. I say this because I hear, at times, what might be brass sounds/lines as well as the guitar and drum playing, and I found myself having difficulty hearing all of the instruments (including what I think were the brass lines). The electric guitar was alway clearly heard. But even the drum, at times, were lost in the sea of sustained string sounds. I listened to this over my own home studio system. It's a modest system but one that I've grown to trust for general mixing purposes.

With all of that said. . . compositionally. . . It is LOVELY music, Hippie! I would have fun functioning as keyboardist playing your music! (It's been YEARS since I've played in some kind of a band. I really miss the "jamming", sometimes.) These songs are very meditative and relaxing. Do you get opportunities to play these pieces live?? I hope so. I bet it would be fun for the players as well as the listeners.

Happy composing and jamming, Hippie!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Thanks Ted,

I have not played live since 1966-67...played a B3 back then. I miss playing live but I don't miss moving that B3 around.

I will check the mix on the synth and chuch organ tracks...I think they might be what you were hearing...I know I can. LOL

Thanks again.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

I used to whine about lugging around the 'ol Fender Rhodes keyboard! (I miss that keyboard!!!). Lugging around a B3 is sure prescription for creating dislocated discs! LOL!

Looking forward to hearing any updated versions of your music, Hippie! Have fun!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Hippie,
    This would be perfect for an NPR show called "Echoes."
    You ought to contact them!
    Jeff

Go Back to forum