• Register
  • Help

Topic: Effects / Abience Not Saved

Share/Bookmark

Effects / Abience Not Saved

I am using GPO with Sibelius 6.2. Every time I load the score / .Sib file, the Aria player seems to go back to the first Effects/Ambience setting - Ballroom 1. Is this setting supposed to be saved either globally or with the score/.sib file?

Joel

Re: Effects / Abience Not Saved

Hi Joel,

It works on my system (Mac, AU) if I first save my playback device configuration.

Hope this helps.
    Éric Patenaude, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Wish it did. I have Vista/32 and have the playback configuration saved with the .sib file. Then when I open the file, the playback configuration is fine and the notes get played but with the wrong effects room. It keeps going back to Ballroom 1, the first one on the list.

Happens on both my desktop and laptop - both running Vista 32.

Joel

Do you have the full version of GPO, or the one that came bundled with Sibelius?

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Full version of GPO4 purchased Christmas 2010 time when they were running a special with Aria 1.111.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by joelirwin View Post
    Full version of GPO4 purchased Christmas 2010 time when they were running a special with Aria 1.111.

Joel
    Ah, good. What you can do is open ARIA as a standalone player, load the instruments you want, select your desired Ambience preset, then save your ensemble as a .aria file. Next, open ARIA through Sibelius, and load the .aria ensemble file you created. Save your Sibelius file, and when you open it again later, everything should be as you want it. If Sib 6.2 supports multiple ARIA instances, you can do the above with as many instances as it'll take.

Give this a try, and hopefully it'll work for you. If it doesn't, there is probably something specific to Sibelius you'll need to do. Unfortunately, I use Finale 2010, so I wouldn't be able to advise you there, but there are Sibelius users on the forum who should be able to help you.

Best of luck!

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Quote Originally Posted by joelirwin View Post
    Wish it did. I have Vista/32 and have the playback configuration saved with the .sib file. Then when I open the file, the playback configuration is fine and the notes get played but with the wrong effects room. It keeps going back to Ballroom 1, the first one on the list.

Happens on both my desktop and laptop - both running Vista 32.

Joel
    I'm no Sibelius expert, but let's try something:

Have your project opened In Sib6. open the menu called Play -> Playback Devices...

At the top of this menu, you probably have Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 already selected in the Configuration dropdown.

Click on the "New..." button and choose a name - let's say 'GPO-reverb'. This is your new configuration, independent of the .sib file.

Open the ARIA Player GUI, set the Ambience any way you like, maybe with a setting really noticable like a very long predelay. Close the ARIA Player GUI.

Click on the "Save" button and close the window. Play your project, listnen how the reverb behaves.

Save the .sib file, close and reopen Sibelius 6. You should hear the project with the edited Ambience settings.

At least, it works on my Vista machine.
    Éric Patenaude, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried creating a new configuration with a different name mapping just the GPO player and that currently seems to work and it seems to be remembering the effect. So we can say, I guess, something got corrupted in the configuration I was using.

Great observation - I should have thought of that myself (lol).

Hope no one else stumbles over this issue - but if they do they can delete the configuration and rebuild it. Of course, now they will over time need to reassign that configuration to any .sib file that used the old one.

Have a great weekend,
    Joel Irwin

I guess I spoke to fast - closed down Sibelius and just opened it with that new configuration I created earlier today that I got to work. No this new one keeps going back to 'ballroom 1' as well.

I am headed out of town this weekend - perhaps when I get back a reinstall may help?

Joel

Go Back to forum