• Register
  • Help

Topic: "volume range" with Aria player, how?

Share/Bookmark

"volume range" with Aria player, how?

with the Kontakt Player, we could click the gear icon and set a base range for the volume of each instrument. I'd like to know how to do this in the Aria player.

there are always instruments that are too soft or too loud in the set, and it's nice to set a base level that is higher or lower and not have to play with different volume settings in the score.

Come to think of it, what exactly does the "Send" button do in the Aria player? Is that for a particular controller?

Re: "volume range" with Aria player, how?

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    with the Kontakt Player, we could click the gear icon and set a base range for the volume of each instrument. I'd like to know how to do this in the Aria player.

there are always instruments that are too soft or too loud in the set, and it's nice to set a base level that is higher or lower and not have to play with different volume settings in the score.

Come to think of it, what exactly does the "Send" button do in the Aria player? Is that for a particular controller?
    Hi, Michel - The volume controls are right there in Aria when you open the interface up. I know what you mean by the need to balance the instruments better than the way they come up by default - some are really loud, some are really soft. Just use those sliders until you have a workable balance.

The Sends - Like any music software with a simulated mixer, those knobs send a percentage of a track's sound to the reverb unit, Ambience, which you control by clicking "Effects" in the menu at the right.

Are you just now starting to use Aria, Michel? I thought you upgraded a long time ago.

Randy

Finale affects the volume sliders from it's own internal control panel.
    you cannot change them from within the Aria player. when you try to do so, as soon as playback starts in Finale, the volume sliders move to the settings that are in Finale's playback window.

it is not the same as that base level one could set from the Kontakt Player. (it had like 5 settings: -12dB, -6dB, 0dB, +6dB and +12dB). While Finale affects the volume slider, this "base setting" of volume in the little cog window was unaffected by Finale.

In Finale, I setup the entire thing to go to a single Ambience effect. I use the setting for one entire Aria instance, in Finale's VST window.

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    Finale affects the volume sliders from it's own internal control panel.
    you cannot change them from within the Aria player. when you try to do so, as soon as playback starts in Finale, the volume sliders move to the settings that are in Finale's playback window.

it is not the same as that base level one could set from the Kontakt Player. (it had like 5 settings: -12dB, -6dB, 0dB, +6dB and +12dB). While Finale affects the volume slider, this "base setting" of volume in the little cog window was unaffected by Finale.

In Finale, I setup the entire thing to go to a single Ambience effect. I use the setting for one entire Aria instance, in Finale's VST window.
    Hi, Michel - Thanks for the info. Using a notation program can be so different from what I'm used to. - I don't remember the db settings in Kontakt you're talking about. I just used KP's sliders. Using Finale's sliders isn't sufficient for getting the balances you want?

Sounds like you're getting what you want from Ambience in Finale. Ambience and the send pots were included with Aria so people can have an all-in-one sample player if they want. I bypass all those controls, using those in Sonar instead. But if one is using Ambience in Aria, it's as you're describing, just the single instance of Aria. The difference is that you can vary the amounts of reverb so percussion can be more distant from the listener than strings, for instance, things like that.

Randy

Go Back to forum