• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARIA instances

Share/Bookmark

ARIA instances

Hello,
    I can´t find any information on how I get more instances of ARIA. Now I only have midich. 1-16. But if I need 17--32 I need one more instance I guess.

Björn

Re: ARIA instances

Quote Originally Posted by Slandrom View Post
    Hello,
    I can´t find any information on how I get more instances of ARIA. Now I only have midich. 1-16. But if I need 17--32 I need one more instance I guess.

Björn
    You need a Digital Audio Workstation for that. REAPER (http://reaper.fm) is one of cheapests which you can use freely for 30 days.

Hello,

Björn
    You are using ARIA standalone or inside host like Sonar or Cubase?
    Marcelo Colina

Quote Originally Posted by marce View Post
    You are using ARIA standalone or inside host like Sonar or Cubase?
    As a standalone.

Björn

In the GPO4 manual it says on page 52:

"1. Slot (1-16): You can have up to sixteen instruments loaded in each instance of the ARIA Player"

That should mean you can have more instances and I can´t believe it was made only to handle 16 instruments?

Björn

"1. Slot (1-16): You can have up to sixteen instruments loaded in each instance of the ARIA Player"

That should mean you can have more instances and I can´t believe it was made only to handle 16 instruments?

Björn
    As I said earlier you need a sequencer/DAW as host like Cubase, Sonar, Reaper etc. to have more instances of Aria. You must use the VST/RTAS/AU (depending on your OS and host software).

Björn
    Hi Bjorn. Most people use ARIA as VSTI, so you can add any number of instance you wish. Anyway, if i correctly remember, it is planned to addition of more "instruments slots", in similar way you do with Kontakt.
    But, just be aware, that, beyond you can have 30 or 40 instruments slots you can only use 16 midi channels per midi port (that is related to midi specification and not related to ARIA)
    It´s a good idea to use ARIA inside a host like Reaper, Sonar, Cubase, or Cantabile (i like this last one for live playing)
    Anyway, if you wish to use the standalone with more than 16 channels, you can.
    But you need the following:
    -To have installed virtual midi drivers (like Maple or MIdiyoke)
    -To use DirectSound or MME drivers instead of ASIO.
    Then, you can open two or more instances of ARIA, select different Midi input ports for each one, and select DirectSound or MME as output. ASIO driver cant be share, afaik.

Hope this helps!

Additional Note: I suggest you for live use, Cantabile Lite. Is a free host, that can allow more than one instance of ARIA, and mapping different midi ports to each instance. And you can use ASIO with it.
    You can found it here:
    http://www.cantabilesoftware.com/lite/
    Marcelo Colina

Thank you everyone.

To explain this ; I use Garritan together with Finale on Mac. So I have virtual drivers within the system. I can use Aria within Finale but my experience has been that it is more stable to use midi and everytime I jump between files the instruments need to be reloaded. For a symphonic orchestra it takes some time even if Aria is much faster than KP2. With KP it took ages so using it as a standalone worked perfect and I could route 64 channels direct from Finale.

Björn

Thank you everyone.

To explain this ; I use Garritan together with Finale on Mac. So I have virtual drivers within the system. I can use Aria within Finale but my experience has been that it is more stable to use midi and everytime I jump between files the instruments need to be reloaded. For a symphonic orchestra it takes some time even if Aria is much faster than KP2. With KP it took ages so using it as a standalone worked perfect and I could route 64 channels direct from Finale.

Björn

Im sorry, i assumed you were on PC. I cant help you on the Mac side.
    Marcelo Colina

Go Back to forum