• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stepping through Omni patches without a mouse?

Share/Bookmark

Stepping through Omni patches without a mouse?

Using Omni as a vst within Reaper as host, is there a simple midi (non-keyboard) controller that will let me do this?

Re: Stepping through Omni patches without a mouse?

I'm interested too, but in Cubase.
    EDIT: Just one minute after writing this post I've found how to accomplish this through midi learn assigning the 2 bottom arrow under patches list to 2 buttons on my Novation SLMkII

I am hoping I will be able to do this with the Kore2 controller - but I don't know how.

The starting point is right clicking on the 2 buttons I mentioned above

yes, and select Host Automation - but that is as far as I could get prior to this thread.

I guess as a starting point, I would like to know what non-keyboard controller will select the Omnisphere patches up and down - but NOT in Live mode. I noticed in a demo by Eric that he was switching patches with a midi controller but specified he was in Live mode for this.

In the patch or multi browser, if y ou right ckick over the UP and DOWN arrow buttons, you can define which midi notes or midi control changes can be used to increase / decrease the patch selection.

Simply select "Midi Note learn" or "Midi CC learn" and touch the corresponding note / cc in your controller.

You don't need to be in Live mode to switch patches using these functions.

Cheers

Thanks very much for the reply...the best I could do is assign 2 of the 8 buttons of Kore2 to scroll up/down through Omni - the up/down arrow buttons are for Kore2 functions...but at least I can patch scroll w/o a mouse now.

I've seen keyboard arrow keys work perfect in any 32bit DAW, however in Logic 64bit they don't work
    It seems to be a problem with the omnisphere instance in 64bit (the link with the host) or in the Logic's loading process for AUs 64bit.

best regards!
    G5 2x2 ~ Powerbook ~ Tascam FW-1082 ~ Event PS5 ~ Logic Pro ~ Stylus RMX ~ Absynth ~ Cameleon5000

Go Back to forum