• Register
  • Help

Topic: Return to Middle Earth

Share/Bookmark

Return to Middle Earth

This is my little homage to The Lord of the Rings Soundtrack. It's one of my all time favourite soundtracks so I wanted to try my hand at composing something in the style used by Howard Shore. A mix of low chords, nice flute melodies, and a driving beat with the whole orchestra, that keeps building into a big crescendo.

I even snuck in one of the main themes from Lord of the Rings in at the very end. For a nod... :-)

http://www.gamesofcthulhu.com/music/...ddle_earth.mp3

Re: Return to Middle Earth

Very well done, I enjoyed that immensely.

Very good! Congratulations.

Thanks folks. Personally I think I could have done a lot more of it. The more I listen, the longer I wished I'd made it.

A lot of my pieces are sounding like overtures to me, I keep changing musical ideas mid-piece.

I'll probably revisit this at some point and flesh it out more.

Both my wife and I are HUGE Lord of the Rings fans. LOL! Have probably watched all three movies about a half-dozen times!

Nicely done!! The overall balance and width of dynamics is all very well rendered. I don't remember if you're using a notation program or a sequencing program, but the end-result is a nice sounding piece of music. Enjoyed your "nod" at the end of the piece.

Cheers. . .

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    Thanks folks. Personally I think I could have done a lot more of it. The more I listen, the longer I wished I'd made it.

A lot of my pieces are sounding like overtures to me, I keep changing musical ideas mid-piece.

I'll probably revisit this at some point and flesh it out more.
    Without reading your next post I had the same feeling that it needed a bit more length to it. That is a big compliment in case you missed it! Nice progressions and chords!

Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Go Back to forum