• Register
  • Help

Topic: Riverie - Guitar and Harp

Share/Bookmark

Reverie - Guitar and Harp

This is a somewhat unusual post but I wanted to express my thanks to the folks at Garritan because I get to play so many great instruments with my son (he is 10) as he learns to play guitar.

This piece is with him playing an Ibanez acoustic and me playing the GPO4 Harp 2 using the EWI (what a challenge to get right).

http://www.box.net/shared/ueo4ack96z

Re: Riverie - Guitar and Harp

What a nice way to inspire your son by playing along with him and making such nice music together. I applaud you.

The piece is interesting as well. I can't imagine trying to play a harp part on a wind instrument. But, you managed to do quite well.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Thanks Rich, I know he will get a kick out of hearing that someone listened and liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    What a nice way to inspire your son by playing along with him and making such nice music together. I applaud you.

The piece is interesting as well. I can't imagine trying to play a harp part on a wind instrument. But, you managed to do quite well.

Right, anyone here who is feeling jaded or is up against a deadline needs to stop for a moment and listen to this.

Wonderful and calm, and and the more so for the fact that your son is 10. Beautifully done.

I always thought it was 'reverie' though...... 'riverie' sounds a bit, well, wet!!

Thanks, both,

Barrie

I think you are right about the spelling. I will fix it. Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by BarrieB View Post
    Right, anyone here who is feeling jaded or is up against a deadline needs to stop for a moment and listen to this.

Wonderful and calm, and and the more so for the fact that your son is 10. Beautifully done.

I always thought it was 'reverie' though...... 'riverie' sounds a bit, well, wet!!

Thanks, both,

Barrie

Who cares about the spelling, take a listen folks...

B

Re: Reverie - Guitar and Harp

Quote Originally Posted by jdsnyderii View Post
    This is a somewhat unusual post but I wanted to express my thanks to the folks at Garritan because I get to play so many great instruments with my son (he is 10) as he learns to play guitar.

This piece is with him playing an Ibanez acoustic and me playing the GPO4 Harp 2 using the EWI (what a challenge to get right).

http://www.box.net/shared/ueo4ack96z
    But get it right you did! A wonderful and inspiring example of cooperation and dialogue between the generations, as well as between very close relatives!

Thank you for sharing this!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Go Back to forum