• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO/JABB crashes

Share/Bookmark

GPO/JABB crashes

Hi,

I recently started to experiment that the Aria Player (either in Standalone or VST mode) crashes - a buzzing sound can be heared and something about Visual Studio debugger is displayed.
    I've been using JABB for 4 months now and had no problems so far.
    But in the last days I experienced this crash 5 times.
    It might be related to the Recital hall Ambience setting - because before usually I used the default Ballroom, just recently I started using this. I experienced the crash with Steinway Jazz piano from JABB, then Steinway Concert from GPO and even with a solo violin from GPO.
    After restart I can play again for a while.
    Can you provide me some help to find out what goes wrong?
    I'm using Aria Player 1.02 with Aria Engine 1.111 with M-Audio MobilePre native ASIO driver on Windows XP SP3.

Thanks.

Re: GPO/JABB crashes

Hi

Its been quite a few versions of ARIA since a crash bug was reported in the middle of a playback session, which makes me feel perhaps there could be something wrong with your system, perhaps RAM (although its not impossible that there is still a bug in ARIA).

1) Could you install the FULL ARIA Player v1.111? you seem to have installed only the engine update and not the full player (www.garritan.com then support, downloads for the full update)

2)Could you run http://www.memtest.org/#downiso for a while?
    Also if you could provide the support team with ARIA logs

http://ariaengine.com/faq/index.php?...=92&artlang=en

It would help them diagnose the issue.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    Hi
    Its been quite a few versions of ARIA since a crash bug was reported in the middle of a playback session, which makes me feel perhaps there could be something wrong with your system, perhaps RAM (although its not impossible that there is still a bug in ARIA).
    After doing some test I think it might related to the deficiency of cooling on my laptop. If the machine automatically decreases CPU frequency because of overheating, the sound card goes crazy, sometimes causing a crash. Sometimes it doesn't cause a crash. I will do more tests and a memtest as well, and provide feedback if I have something.

Perhaps your sound sacrd fan (prsuming that your sound card has one) is starting to die. I had intermittant crashing problems at one time because my video fan was starting to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Barnett View Post
    Perhaps your sound sacrd fan (prsuming that your sound card has one) is starting to die. I had intermittant crashing problems at one time because my video fan was starting to die.
    Thanks for the tip. Actually my laptop's fan is really going to die, I've already planned to get it repaired. Now I tried the soundcard (I have a USB one) with an other computer and it worked. Then I ran the memory test in my laptop for some hours and in the 2nd pass of 5 it reported a memory error, so quite probably either my memory or the motherboard became bad or because of the bad cooling just doesn't function properly.

Go Back to forum