• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 1.5.3d update

Share/Bookmark

1.5.3d update

Hi all

Do i need to uninstall the patch libray 1.5.1 before installing this latest 1.5.3d update,

novaburst

play the wrong note, your track may sound better

Gigabyte EP43UD3L. Core2Duo3gighz6MBcatch.ram8gighz DDR21066hz.seagate1500TBHDD Soundcard:M-AUDIO Fasttrack Pro USB. OS windows764bit.Host Cubase5update 5.1.1 32bit and 64bit on same system Wavelabstudio 6. Hypersonic with modules. Omnisphere 1.5.2d 32bit and 64bit on same system. VST sound collection. HALion Sonic VST Workstation upgrade 1.5.
    Hardware:dual monitors. controlFreek 16 channel. ART DIGITAL MPA ll preamplifier. Samson CVALVE. BOSS Noise Suppressor. BasePodLine6. BEHRINGER 8channal mixer.NAD AMP. JBL speakers.Instruments: yamahaP80. yamahaSY35. fender strat. washburn acustic guitar, main intrument: yamaha six stringTBR base guitar.

Re: 1.5.3d update

Thank you

novaburst

I downloaded and installed the latest update, the went back and downloaded/installed the new library. Both went without a hitch according to the installer. Now, however, when I launch Omnisphere, the "title" page comes up showing the correct "new" version numbers of the program and library, but there are no presets, and I can't launch the browser. For information, the library was originally installed to an external drive. During the installation the program said "steam folder found" and the activity light on the external drive went on, so I think the update went to the right place. How do I get the program to find the library and fix this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchpilot View Post
    I downloaded and installed the latest update, the went back and downloaded/installed the new library. Both went without a hitch according to the installer. Now, however, when I launch Omnisphere, the "title" page comes up showing the correct "new" version numbers of the program and library, but there are no presets, and I can't launch the browser. For information, the library was originally installed to an external drive. During the installation the program said "steam folder found" and the activity light on the external drive went on, so I think the update went to the right place. How do I get the program to find the library and fix this? Thanks.
    I'm on a mac but I suppose it's the same in windows.
    Drag the STEAM Alias (Shortcut) from it's original place to the desktop.

OS X:
    Macintosh HD/Users/<Your Username>/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics

Windows 7:
    C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics

Windows XP:
    C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spectrasonics

Launch your host, insert an instance of Omnisphere and follow the instructions.

/E

Thanks for the response. I tried your suggestion, and while the program said it had established a new link, I got the same result. I also tried it again by linking to the steam folder on the external drive, with the same result again. By the way, I'm on Mac, too. So the program still opens, but can't find the presets. Any other ideas?

Thanks for the response. I tried your suggestion, and while the program said it had established a new link, I got the same result. I also tried it again by linking to the steam folder on the external drive, with the same result again. By the way, I'm on Mac, too. So the program still opens, but can't find the presets. Any other ideas?

hi hutchpilot

what host are you using with Omni, and are you updating from 1.5.2d

novaburst

Gigabyte EP43UD3L. Core2Duo3gighz6MBcatch.ram8gighz DDR21066hz.seagate1500TBHDD Soundcard:M-AUDIO Fasttrack Pro USB. OS windows764bit.Host Cubase5update 5.1.1 32bit and 64bit on same system Wavelabstudio 6. Hypersonic with modules. Omnisphere 1.5.3d 32bit and 64bit on same system. VST sound collection. HALion Sonic VST Workstation upgrade 1.5.
    Hardware:dual monitors. controlFreek 16 channel. ART DIGITAL MPA ll preamplifier. Samson CVALVE. BOSS Noise Suppressor. BasePodLine6. BEHRINGER 8channal mixer.NAD AMP. JBL speakers.Instruments: yamahaP80. yamahaSY35. fender strat. washburn acustic guitar, main intrument: yamaha six stringTBR base guitar.

Using Studio One Pro, upgrading from the previous major version, 1.3 (I think. I erased it from my update log when I put in the new version number).

Using Studio One Pro, upgrading from the previous major version, 1.3 (I think. I erased it from my update log when I put in the new version number).

Hi hutchpilot

hows it going with Omni. if still stuck you may need to reinsall update, but make sure it goes on your main drive, software update 1.5.3d with the libray update all to your main drive.

once installed you should be able to locate by opening your files, copy and paste (dont drag) in your host files you should have a synth file open it and past it there you should be ok.

Im not a Mac owner but im sure file are not to different

novaburst

I downloaded and installed the latest update, the went back and downloaded/installed the new library. Both went without a hitch according to the installer. Now, however, when I launch Omnisphere, the "title" page comes up showing the correct "new" version numbers of the program and library, but there are no presets, and I can't launch the browser.
    If the installation reported no errors and pressing your "Check for Updates" button shows you have the correct versions installed, then the update was successful. What do you mean by "no presets" and "can't launch browser"?
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Go Back to forum