• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omni TR: Possible Bug, and annoying issue with the browser

Share/Bookmark

Omni TR: Possible Bug, and annoying issue with the browser

Hey. I've recently started using Omni TR. Cool software, but there seems to be a bug with the browser in Omnisphere 1.5.2.

Here...: http://v2.spectrasonics.net/omni_tr_...ing/index.html

... Spectrasonics claims it's possible to select one folder for each part (for example ARP+Rhythm on one part, textures on another etc....) , and then go on browsing patches through Omni TR. This does not work. Selecting different folders on each part in the Omnisphere browser will list the proper patches for each part in the Omni TR browser, BUT trying to load one of them results in the wrong patch being loaded! It appears that it loads the patch located in the same slot of the most recently selected folder in Omnisphere instead.

Am I doing something wrong or is this simply a bug? I'm using the latest versions of both Omnisphere, and Omni TR of course.

I'm on a Macbook Pro/OSX 10.6.6 using Cubase 5.5.2

Re: Omni TR: Possible Bug, and annoying issue with the browser

It works fine here and we haven't had any other reports of that. At this point with 1.5, if something isn't working right, it's probably an unusual circumstance. Please contact tech support and they'll help you figure it out: support.spectrasonics.net
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Thanks for your reply, Glenn! Unfortunately my experience with Spectrasonics tech support is bad. I have never received a reply when I've written to the email address on the support page. Tried phoning support just a moment ago but reached the voice mail saying nobody could take my call. Left a message and I'm really hoping someone gets back to me (although I'm definitely not expecting that will happen.)

I've literally tried everything here, and this issue is very easy to reproduce. Here's a simple example:

1) In Omnisphere, go to part 1, open the browser and select the folder "ARP+Rhythm"
    2) Press the folder icon on Part 1 in Omni TR on the iPad. Now the first 75 patches of the ARP+Rhythm folder get listed. Load the first patch called "Dreaming of Airborne Chimes"
    3) In Omnisphere, go to part 2, open the browser and select the folder "Textures"
    4) Press the folder icon on Part 2 in Omni TR. The "Textures" patches are listed. Load the first patch called "Outglassed"
    5) Now go BACK to part 1 in Omni TR. Open the browser. The ARP+Rhythm patches are still listed there. Press the second patch in the list: "Minimal Luminescence". And Voila! The patch "Anguished Screamers" gets loaded instead. I.e the second patch of the "Textures" folder.

I'm sorry, but that works fine here. I'm sure there's an explanation, but it will take some dialog with tech support to figure out what's happening. They're obviously going to be especially busy right now, just after the 1.5 update. If you just left a message a moment ago, there may be a short wait before they get back to you. In the meantime, try setting up all 8 browsers in Omnisphere before you launch Omni TR.
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Do you have "Browser Syncronization" selected in the Patch Browser settings?

Sounds like that might be the issue.

Sorry you didn't get a response before. That's very unusual. We have a full staff of support people that are working hard to get back to everyone. It's a busy time right now, but you will get a response.

Oh! Thank you very much for your reply, Mr Persing! Disabling "Browser syncronization" did the trick! Wonderful!

Sorry about my little "rant" about the tech support here. I know you're great, hardworking guys, who make awesome software and luckily enough I haven't had to contact your tech support that many times throughout the years. Everything's usually just fine. Keep up the good work!

Go Back to forum