• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Mod wheel help in Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Mod wheel help in Kontakt

Hi Guys,

It's been sometime since I've been here. I've been away from the audio world for a while. Please excuse this novice
    question (as I continue to read the manual).

I'm using Kontakt 3.5 (waiting for 4 to be release here in the US) in Nuendo 5.1. I have Kontakt open with a full
    string ensemble from EW Gold XP Pro. Moving the Mod Wheel back and forth gets no response.
    I can't seem to remember how (or where to go) to to make the Mod Wheel act as a volume controller.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Re: Mod wheel help in Kontakt

12 viewings and nobody can help me out?

Hi Mark

In the top left hand corner of Kontakt there are a set of tabs labelled "Files, Libraries, Database ... ".

You need to be on the "Auto[mation]" tab, and then Midi Automation. Just drag the CC number you want to use over the control (fader or knob) of your instruments control panel.

Or you can right mouse click on the item you want to automate, click "Learn CC" and then send the desired CC by sendign it from you DAW or twiddling a hardware controller.

Nearly everything can be automated in this way.

Peter

Peter,
    Thanks for taking time to help out. I'll give this a try.
    Cheers!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jeffrey Gale View Post
    Hi Mark

In the top left hand corner of Kontakt there are a set of tabs labelled "Files, Libraries, Database ... ".

You need to be on the "Auto[mation]" tab, and then Midi Automation. Just drag the CC number you want to use over the control (fader or knob) of your instruments control panel.

Or you can right mouse click on the item you want to automate, click "Learn CC" and then send the desired CC by sendign it from you DAW or twiddling a hardware controller.

Nearly everything can be automated in this way.

Peter
    Peter,
    I have found the area you spoke of. When I try and drag CC #7 over to the mod wheel, it won't let me.
    Where do I need to drag this to?
    In earlier versions of Kontakt, I thought I was able to open the sampler's tool area, click on the "Mod" button, scroll
    down to Volume and select that to get it to work. But I don't see that now.

Mark

You should be able just drag it over whichever control on the instrument's instrument panel you want. But it looks like you can do something similar in the mod area as you describe.

I think it does depend on exactly what programming "object type" they have used in the instrument's script as to whether you can automate a particular control, but I don't have EW myself to check it out for you.

Can you get the "Learn CC" method to work?

I can drag it over the tuner/volume knobs and see a + sign. But that has no effect on the mod wheel's volume
    up/down.

I've tried the "learn CC method" but I guess I'm doing something wrong. Still, the Mod wheel has no effect
    for raising or lowering the volume.

There's another option I remembered ... within the control panel for a particular instrument, click on the wrench icon in the top left corner, then click on the "Instrument Options" button.

Under the controller tab there are options to "Accept standard controller for volume and pan" and also to set the CC#7 volume range.

I'm not sure whether these might have affected your ability to automate the modwheel, but it might be worth making sure they are turned on.

OK, I'll look for that. Again, I appreciate you taking time to help out.

Mark

I remember being here before. Settings are:

Midi Controller #64... = Pedal & CC
    Accept All notes... = checked
    Accept Standar Controllers... = checked
    Midi Controller #7... = 00.12db

Still no results wit the Mod Wheel. I know I'm missing something right in front of me but....

Mark

Go Back to forum