• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 vs GPO Reason Refills

Share/Bookmark

GPO4 vs GPO Reason Refills

Hi folks, I scanned some posts and this looks like a great online community. This is my first post so bear with me. I wanted to get feedback from anybody who has any insight on GPO4 as well as the GPO Reason refills offered by Garritan. Bottom line - is there a difference in buying the full GPO or the Garritan Reason refills?
    I've been on the Garritan website several times and aside from some sound samples and a basic overview there aren't a lot of details otherwise.

I'm currently running Reason 5 with Sonic Reality Film Score and Symphonic along with Orkestra refills.

Thanks,
    Johnny

Re: GPO4 vs GPO Reason Refills

Full GPO: Larger number of samples and instruments, ProjectSAM brass, legato, variety of playing techniques and timbres, runs in ARIA player as VST and Standalone.

Reason Refill: Smaller footprint, fewer sounds and articulations, runs in NNXT sampler within Reason only.

If you work exclusively in Reason then the refill will be a better choice, but if you Rewire into a DAW consider the full version.

Reegs

Re: GPO4 vs GPO Reason Refills

ahh ok, thanks for the info. the product overview doesnt give any information on the garritan site other than 'lite version', which doesnt say much. i'm running Cubase 4 (soon upgrading) so I think I'll go with the full version. The extra benefits warrant it.

thanks again!
    johnny

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Full GPO: Larger number of samples and instruments, ProjectSAM brass, legato, variety of playing techniques and timbres, runs in ARIA player as VST and Standalone.

Reason Refill: Smaller footprint, fewer sounds and articulations, runs in NNXT sampler within Reason only.

If you work exclusively in Reason then the refill will be a better choice, but if you Rewire into a DAW consider the full version.

Reegs

Go Back to forum