• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is the Ivory II updrage from Ivory I worth it?

Share/Bookmark

Is the Ivory II updgrade from Ivory I worth it?

I have the original Ivory which I use and love. I'm thinking of getting the new Ivory II, but I have to buy a dongle in addition to the upgrade cost. Is the extra $130-140 US worth it? I am mainly interested in the sound of the samples..is there an improvment? The bells and whistles are nice, but if it's the same samples, I'll probably pass.

Re: Is the Ivory II updgrade from Ivory I worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by sporter View Post
    I have the original Ivory which I use and love. I'm thinking of getting the new Ivory II, but I have to buy a dongle in addition to the upgrade cost. Is the extra $130-140 US worth it? I am mainly interested in the sound of the samples..is there an improvment? The bells and whistles are nice, but if it's the same samples, I'll probably pass.
    If you love Ivory I you definitly will love Ivory II for being even more detailed and precise in his dynamic response to Keyvelocity and their different colours. If one could find still a kind of audible sample change in Ivory I f.i. around Keyvelocity 42 the soundcolour now shifts quite natural through the spectrum of different velocities. This is what I do appreciate very much playing Ivory II, beside alle the cool new features of Ivory II you can read everywhere.
    For me it is still simply the best
    Steffen

Re: Is the Ivory II updgrade from Ivory I worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by fahl5 View Post
    If you love Ivory I you definitly will love Ivory II for being even more detailed and precise in his dynamic response to Keyvelocity and their different colours. If one could find still a kind of audible sample change in Ivory I f.i. around Keyvelocity 42 the soundcolour now shifts quite natural through the spectrum of different velocities. This is what I do appreciate very much playing Ivory II, beside alle the cool new features of Ivory II you can read everywhere.
    For me it is still simply the best
    Steffen
    I liked Ivory I. I went ahead and got Ivory II, which I absolutely love. I don't know all the technical details, but it sounds much, much better. This is what I call a REAL upgrade, not just a few new features and better GUI, but an improved sound...which is what it's all about at the end of the day.

My CPU is maxed out, though...time for an upgrade. But I am very happy with Ivory II, and to answer my own original question, YES, the upgrade is definitely worth it!

Re: Is the Ivory II updrage from Ivory I worth it?

I am also very happy with the upgrade, it doesn't revolutionise the Ivory sound, but it does improve upon it, and add more depth to it with sympathetic resonance and increased samples per note.

Ivory 1 is already a solid software piano. Ivory II is even more solid. The upgrade is an improvement without making you have to relearn anything.

I love Ivory II!! lol sorry about the raving, I've been on the lookout for a great software piano for years, and this really hits the spot for me..

Go Back to forum