• Register
  • Help

Topic: Who wants to buy Twitter?

Share/Bookmark

Who wants to buy Twitter?

It looks like Twitter is for sale. Twitter Suitors Talk in Billions.

Maybe it would be a nice addition to the forum. We can all post in 140 characters and save time and space.

As Internet valuations climb and bankers and would-be buyers circle Silicon Valley in an increasingly frothy tech market, many eyes are on one particularly desirable, if still enigmatic, target: Twitter. Discussions with at least some potential suitors have produced an estimated valuation of $8 billion to $10 billion.
    But let's look at the numbers...
    This for a company that, people familiar with the matter said, had 2010 revenue of $45 million—but lost money as it spent on hiring and data centers.
    What do you think? Is it a bargain?

Re: Who wants to buy Twitter?

I'd be interested -- but I have a question:

How do you write a negative number on a check...?

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

And the huffington post just sold to AOL for $315 million. Not bad for a blog.
    Hope moderators don't mind my mentioning here- but my new conceptual website "YourBlurb" (where anyone can say... Anything!!) is for sale.
    Serious offers over $10 million considered. A bargain, really!

Quote Originally Posted by upsider View Post
    And the huffington post just sold to AOL for $315 million. Not bad for a blog.
    Hope moderators don't mind my mentioning here- but my new conceptual website "YourBlurb" (where anyone can say... Anything!!) is for sale.
    Serious offers over $10 million considered. A bargain, really!
    Upsider: obviously you stole something from me and will get a message from my lawyers soon: "yourblurb" is a direct rip of my already existing "Bla", a forum where anyone can say anything uninteresting for the public AND: do it often!

Tell it over on YourBlurb Sid, that's where Demi Moore hangs out and she's hotter than your lawyers.

Go Back to forum