• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Dove

Share/Bookmark

The Dove

This is one of my early songs recorded using the Irina Brochin soundfont along with the acoustic guitar from GJ&BB.

THE DOVE
    by
    John Keats

I had a dove and the sweet dove died,
    And I have thought it died of grieving:
    O, what could it grieve for? Its feet were tied
    With a silken thread of my own hands weaving;
    Sweet little red feet! why should you die--
    Why should you leave me, sweet bird! why?
    You liv'd alone in the forest-tree,
    Why, pretty thing! would you not live with me?
    I kiss'd you oft and gave you white peas;
    Why not live sweetly, as in the green trees?

Re: The Dove

Melancholic, a bit of Celtic structure, thoughtfully set on a well chosen text. Beautiful guitar part, slightly plaintive melody. Call me softhearted, but I found it touching.
    Theo

Sean;

I found this very beautiful and graceful. I know I liked it the best from you so far. The guitar and the fair Irina work great together, I don't know that I've ever tried a guitar with her. You really managed to coax a full and rich performance from "Irina" and to me was quite convincing and enjoyable!
    May I ask what player you used to host her? Lately I have been using Safran.

Thanks for posting!!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Theo,

Thank you for your thoughtful words.

Funny, you are right about the Celtic sound here; I had not noticed that before.

sd cisco,

Thank you very much.

My Creative Elite Pro sound card has its own hosting and editing software. In fact, by use of that software, I was able to edit the Irina file to achieve a more realistic sound. As you know, the original file has a pronounced “La” articulation on each note, making it impossible to slur held syllables. To solve this, I cut the “La” off of every note of the sound font, thus allowing me to create surprisingly realistic vocal renders.

If you like, I could send you a copy of the modified file for your own use.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Damon View Post
    Theo,

Thank you for your thoughtful words.

Funny, you are right about the Celtic sound here; I had not noticed that before.

sd cisco,

Thank you very much.

My Creative Elite Pro sound card has its own hosting and editing software. In fact, by use of that software, I was able to edit the Irina file to achieve a more realistic sound. As you know, the original file has a pronounced “La” articulation on each note, making it impossible to slur held syllables. To solve this, I cut the “La” off of every note of the sound font, thus allowing me to create surprisingly realistic vocal renders.

If you like, I could send you a copy of the modified file for your own use.
    Hi Sean - you are very welcome! it would be great to have a copy of the modified file - I see your account here is not enabled for PM's - it depends how big the file is - can you upload it to an FTP site and send me the link or if the file is not too big, just try attaching to an email: sdcisco@live.com

sd

Go Back to forum