• Register
  • Help

Topic: Benefit of using Spectrasonic 64-bit for live use??

Share/Bookmark

Benefit of using Spectrasonic 64-bit for live use??

Hi guys,
    I was wondering about this recently. I am using Omni/Trilian/Stylus inside of Mainstage for live use. Is there a benefit, if ONLY using these 3, of running 64-bit over 32-bit for live use. I can max out my 2009 MBP 2.53 quite quickly and didn't know if it would help running everything in 64-bit (or vice versa). I know you need to if you deal with large sample libraries- but Trilian does have gigantice basses that would qualify me thinks.
    Any good advice?

Re: Benefit of using Spectrasonic 64-bit for live use??

AFAIK its only the more efficient RAM usage that you benefit from when running 64 bit.
    Ever since i switched from 32 to 64 i havent had any RAM issues anymore and can finally make full use of the 10 GB that i have installed in my computer.
    If only the 32 bit bridge in Logic wouldnt crash so often (even when not a single 32 bit plug in is being used......)

Re: Benefit of using Spectrasonic 64-bit for live use??

so there is no 64-bit processing improvement- simply access to more than 4GB? I was under the impression there was enhancement but maybe am wrong- anyone else know- I am very intrigued now.

Go Back to forum