• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tiger rag/maple leaf rag

Share/Bookmark

Tiger rag/maple leaf rag

Arrangement for Wind Esnsemble of Joplin's most famous rag-tiher rag)
    and Mapleeleaf rag.

Gary http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10098689

It's working now...

Re: Tiger rag/maple leaf rag

Hi Gary. I couldn't open the link again. I think you should post them like this: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...nginfo&songID=10098689
    where only the value behind songID changes. You can copy this kind of link from your own artist page.

On to the serious matter: I liked the arrangement. At some points, I thought I was listening to Sousa! For the "mock up", the top voice(s) could have been just a bit louder, which would probably happen in a live situation, but I guess you don't want to make any changes to your score just for rendering. But it's a good choice for such an arrangement. A band could really pump out some energy in this tune. Good job.
    Theo

Two familiar yet wonderfully distracting pieces! Good job on the parts and so on, but I only wish that you would add percussion. Just the usual suspects, but I think it would be expected when doing these live, given the rest of the instrumentation and arrangement.

Enjoyable listen!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Thanks for listening, Theo.
    I sometimes find Finale playback acting in an unchangeable manner. I hear the lack of volume in the trumpet part near the end, but increasing the volume doesn't change anything. It's like a computer Drone repels my efforts.

Thanks for listening, sd.
    I have Finale 2010 which is supposed to make percussion entry easy & I have
    the percussion add on. On various files, I don't get the correct sounds. This was one such file. Instead of snare & Bass drum I get "dumb" tom & whistle....
    Speaking of Sousa, Joplin's Rags were based on his march forms & styles, but with much more syncopation.
    Gary

Exclamation Re: Tiger rag/maple leaf rag

Hello Gary

Same problem for me, the link doesn't work using Internet Explorer 8 on a Windows 7 machine. Real pity, I was very much looking forward to hearing your arrangement of the Maple Leaf.

Alan T
    Garritan: GPO4, JABB3, Steinway Model D Basic; Cakewalk: Sonar X1 Producer, VS100; MakeMusic: Finale 2011, PrintMusic 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
    Same problem for me, the link doesn't work using Internet Explorer 8 on a Windows 7 machine. Real pity, I was very much looking forward to hearing your arrangement of the Maple Leaf.
    Try either link from my post (if you use the second one, you get a list of all Gary's works; the rag is on top until he publishes a new work).
    Theo

Thanks for the boost, Theo.
    I now have a solution(if I can remember it.)

Go Back to forum