• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gigastudio friends

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio friends

Glad to see anyone still holding on to Gigastudio. I found that it's the best sounding, still... Although granted, Kontakt might be nicer to look at.

I have a few needs, sound wise. Spanish guitar - and a good full string section. Does anyone have the orchestra version? I would gladly trade a few sounds for a few.

I'm not trying to steal libraries. But, For any true giga users, I would gladly help with a patch or two if I have it...

I have also made some AWSOME drum patches ( modern 24 bit ) Mainly snare and bass drum collections.
    Thanks

Re: Gigastudio friends

Hi,

are you using GS3 or 4? , what is your version of windows, and what sound card out of interest?

cheers
    Bryan
    Equipment Hardware:
    Sager laptop (Clevo)
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1
    Intel Core Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHZ 8.00 GB Ram
    2 x SSD drives 120 & 128 GB
    ST9160823AS 150GB 7200 rpm
    RME Fireface 800
    Software:
    Gigastudio 4
    Native Instruments B4 VSTi Bridged "Jbridge"
    Dosbox 0.74 running "Texture" sequencer.

I own gs3 ensmble and GS 4

audiophile 24/96 card

I have been using Giga since Nemesis GigaSampler

Yes my first sampling software was Gigasampler.
    I also have a AP24/96 card, and the drivers have not included GSIF since XP, so the card is useless with win 7 64bit. I have had my bitch on the M_Audio forum, so you could help by adding your comment regarding that, the more of us that bitch about lack of GSIF the better, consider it a call to arms. The possibility is that M_Audio may drop GSIF completely, which really leaves RME as the major GSIF ally.
    Does your version of GS4 remember midi controller # assigned in a performance?
    mine doesn't, which is my major gripe, but otherwise the software plays really well.
    Sorry I don't have the library you are after, but I'm sure you will find it.

cheers
    bryan
    Equipment Hardware:
    Sager laptop (Clevo)
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1
    Intel Core Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHZ 8.00 GB Ram
    2 x SSD drives 120 & 128 GB
    ST9160823AS 150GB 7200 rpm
    RME Fireface 800
    Software:
    Gigastudio 4
    Native Instruments B4 VSTi Bridged "Jbridge"
    Dosbox 0.74 running "Texture" sequencer.

Unhappy Re: Gigastudio friends

Hello all!

I used GigaStudio from the beginning on. I have got lots of Giga Libraries starting with Advanced Orchestra up to VSL Cube.
    I stopped using GS4 as soon as TASACAM closed the doors of GS.
    I switched to Kontakt 4 (I translated all GS-Libs, which I still use to this sampler, and I must say, it works much better!) & Vienna Instrument and others.

Please forget GigaStudio. Don't invest time & money in a sinking ship.
    Garritan also it will not create this body to breathe new life ...

KR Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

I thought that he's serious guy. But now I know that he's scammer. Now I don't have how to get my money or goods because I'm from Europe.

bookkeeping services

Hey Jovan-
    I'm glad to read your message. I have been dying to hear more from people who have converted large amounts of giga files to kontakt. I'm trying to compare the conversions of kontakt vs mach5.

How has conversion been working with:
    key switches
    Modwheel-Xfade pathces (like crescendos)
    other CC parameters
    when it doesn't work, how easy is it to fix?

I have almost a terabyte of stuff with nested folders inside folders. How does that work? Do I have to rebuild all of my database directories?
    Box 1: G5 dual 1.8, Tiger, DP5, motu424, Kontakt 3
    Box 2: Windows XP (32-bit) (Pentium 4, 320 GHz, 2G-RAM) running Gigastudio3 ONLY!
    Box 3: Windows XP (64-bit) Core duo quad (q6600), 4gb ram (667 Micron) running various VI-s
    Connections: Midi-Over-LAN, Gina-16s

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho1 View Post
    Hey Jovan-
    I'm glad to read your message. I have been dying to hear more from people who have converted large amounts of giga files to kontakt. I'm trying to compare the conversions of kontakt vs mach5.

How has conversion been working with:
    key switches
    Modwheel-Xfade pathces (like crescendos)
    other CC parameters
    when it doesn't work, how easy is it to fix?

I have almost a terabyte of stuff with nested folders inside folders. How does that work? Do I have to rebuild all of my database directories?
    Hi gaucho1,

send me your mail address, I'll give you som,e images, which show how it works.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Re: Gigastudio

The Giga-Studio 3 is one of the good samplers on the market with highly optimised tools and advanced technology. Has some of the most important libraries in the world and constitutes a tool wins the prize.

Go Back to forum