• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Gigastudio friends

Share/Bookmark

Re: Gigastudio friends

Hi
    I have gia 4.0 on a xp 64 machine. I had to reinstall with original cd's. from what I remember there was a patch/update for a 4.1 which I need to run under xp 64. Does anyont have this update they could send me?
    Many thanks
    Mike

The GS 4.01 patch is still downloadable from Tascam:
    http://tascam.com/product/gigastudio_4/downloads/

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan H View Post
    Yes my first sampling software was Gigasampler.
    I also have a AP24/96 card, and the drivers have not included GSIF since XP, so the card is useless with win 7 64bit. I have had my bitch on the M_Audio forum, so you could help by adding your comment regarding that, the more of us that bitch about lack of GSIF the better, consider it a call to arms. The possibility is that M_Audio may drop GSIF completely, which really leaves RME as the major GSIF ally.
    Does your version of GS4 remember midi controller # assigned in a performance?
    mine doesn't, which is my major gripe, but otherwise the software plays really well.
    Sorry I don't have the library you are after, but I'm sure you will find it.

cheers
    bryan
    Even Tascam has dropped GSIF support.

After the way Tascam has abandoned GS, I do not give a tascam about Tascam. If they would have provided us with a dongle for whatever version of GS we had at production cost, I would have considered them for buying other things from them, now, never will.
    Running GS3 Orchestra and still loving the sound, far better than Kontak or any other I hear.
    Friend of GS, yes, and just dreading the day when I open it and it will not load.
    Before this happens, I would love to inbed GigaPulse in some instruments and use them in GVI. Any one has a procedure for this? Please give it to us....

Ted

For what it worth, I have abandoned the idea to use GVI on my laptop which I have to take with me to Mexico for the winter. Two things happened when I tried (again, a new version just came out from Soundlib) Gplayer. Because Gplayer can not use GigaPulse, I was going to just work without enjoying the sounds and render the work back in Canada on my PC with GS3 Orchestra. As I am a devoted friend of Kirk Hunters Emerald, but never tried his " ambience" samples. When accidentally loaded a trombone sample with "ambiance", I got floored with the sound. Now most of my brass and woods are this kind of samples in Gplayer, and I am just happy for both new things.
    I had troubles with GVI, the dongle, the bluescreen, the single Gpulse on all my samples, the memory of the blessed Tascam handling us so viciously, etc. etc, I am happy to Toss Toscam.
    Suggests you try Gplayer if you are eeking some alternative. It is not as changeable as GVI, but the sound is MUCH better, I tested them side by side.
    By the way, where is Kirk Hunter? I bless his samples!

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    For what it worth, I have abandoned the idea to use GVI on my laptop which I have to take with me to Mexico for the winter. Two things happened when I tried (again, a new version just came out from Soundlib) Gplayer. Because Gplayer can not use GigaPulse, I was going to just work without enjoying the sounds and render the work back in Canada on my PC with GS3 Orchestra. As I am a devoted friend of Kirk Hunters Emerald, but never tried his " ambience" samples. When accidentally loaded a trombone sample with "ambiance", I got floored with the sound. Now most of my brass and woods are this kind of samples in Gplayer, and I am just happy for both new things.
    I had troubles with GVI, the dongle, the bluescreen, the single Gpulse on all my samples, the memory of the blessed Tascam handling us so viciously, etc. etc, I am happy to Toss Toscam.
    Suggests you try Gplayer if you are eeking some alternative. It is not as changeable as GVI, but the sound is MUCH better, I tested them side by side.
    By the way, where is Kirk Hunter? I bless his samples!

Ted
    KH gives a nice crossgrade discount. I've dumped all gigs and now it's Kontakt.

Hi,

I'm newish to the forum, I've been away a number of years (!) due to life and the global recession getting in the way.

I had bought two GS3 licences and a GS4 licence back in 2007/2008 just before it all got canned :facepalm:

However I still have PCs dedicated to the task of GS3 playback (and one PC currently doing other work that will get GS4 at a later date), and I'm currently getting them set up for usage.

It must seem so old school now (four years later!) but as they run Win XP and are not used for anything else they are still useful. I have the Sonic Implants collection part installed on them at the moment, I need to get that finished. So, too much money spent to just switch away, I'll stick with them as long as I can keep the PCs running. My main concern there would be hardware failure of motherboards, processors or memory. I'm not entirely sure how easy it would be to get the licences transferred to new hardware now, as I don't think Tascam are at all interested in that part of what's leftover support-wise.

The only thing I might do eventually is put SSDs in to replace the RAID 0 drives, once the price of SSDs comes down enough to make that practical.

I've got 3 GS3 Orchestra machines running as satellites in my farm, on XP, and I can't imagine not using them.
    I use Sonar 4.0.2 on the 4th machine (main work station) to trigger the others via MidiOverLan.

I too fell in love with Gigastudio and now embracing G-player. Does G-player require GSIF?

No it doesn't

Go Back to forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12