• Register
  • Help

Topic: NAMM in Anaheim Jan. 13-16th

Share/Bookmark

NAMM in Anaheim Jan. 13-16th

NAMM, The National Association of Music Merchants' big show starts tomorrow, the 13th and goes on through the 16th.

Here's a link to the official website:

NAMM 2011

I know of at least one Forum member who'll be there, manning the Garritan booth - our own Jim "Haydn."

If anyone here is in the area and can drop by, I have no doubt you'd get a big Garritan style welcome. It's been great in past years when snapshots taken at the booth are posted. Bring your cameras!

Of course the newest Garritan Library is World. That will be prominently promoted at the show, naturally.

Here's to a fabulously successful show for Gary and his whole wonderful world of software instruments!

Randy

Re: NAMM in Anaheim Jan. 13-16th

I was checking in to see if there's any news about NAMM - apparently not. There's still one day left of the show - Hopefully at some point we'll see some photos taken at Gary's booth. That's always been a fun thing in past years.

Haydn's there manning the Garritan display - Hope you're having a good time, Jim!

Randy

Hi Guys

I'm at the NAMM show and having a blast. Meeting with many interesting people and getting re immersed into music tech with some new twists. I'll write about my impressions soon.

Bye from NAMM

Gary

It's always good to here from Gary at NAMM!

Dan

It's been a busy time at NAMM today. We've been doing quite a few demos of World. The demos that Randy sent me are getting a very good Response!

Met J J Abrahms today. He was with his kids and came to the booth to check out JABB.

GPO is still a very popular library this year. Hard to believe this is the 7th NAMM show I've demoed GPO.

Jim

YIppeeee! It's Superb news to hear that you're there having a great time, Gary - Wasn't sure if you were going to get down there for this one. It's a great way to start the day, knowing you're there in NAMM-land.

And Jim!-- You just now got a good beam out of me - Thanks much for telling us that the World demos are going over well. What a trip!-- It's almost like I'm there. Nice!

J J Abrams! wow--Kate and I are big fans. We probably would've embarrassed ourselves pulling out paper and pen for an autograph.

Thank you so much, guys - Have a great last day there. Sounds like things are going swimmingly.

Randy

Randy,

I've met so many people at NAMM that I rarely ever ask for autographs or pictures. We were just talking about that the other day.

J J was very nice and we were talking about our kids a bit, not even talking about movie/TV show stuff. Both the kids with him play instruments. Couldn't resist asking a couple questions about the upcoming Star Trek movie. BTW, Gary Garritan's daughter was an extra in the last movie. She was one of the cadets at Starfleet as well as being in the trial scenes. Now I have to pull out the movie and watch for her.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    Randy,

I've met so many people at NAMM that I rarely ever ask for autographs or pictures. We were just talking about that the other day.

J J was very nice and we were talking about our kids a bit, not even talking about movie/TV show stuff. Both the kids with him play instruments. Couldn't resist asking a couple questions about the upcoming Star Trek movie. BTW, Gary Garritan's daughter was an extra in the last movie. She was one of the cadets at Starfleet as well as being in the trial scenes. Now I have to pull out the movie and watch for her.

Jim
    What a fun tidbit to know, about Gary's daughter in Star Trek. Now I have a good excuse to watch the movie again!

Randy B.

Go Back to forum