• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Activation on Windows 7 64bit SP1

Share/Bookmark

Activation on Windows 7 64bit SP1

OK. After an over-a-year hiatus, I've been getting back into MIDI again, but am having issues on the road back.

After several years of Windows Vista 64bit, upgraded to Win7 64bit, I finally had to rebuild my OS.

The issue that I'm having on Windows 7 is that no matter how many times I drop the registration PNG file on the Aria Player (and it tell me that I'm activated), every time I subsequently open the 64bit Aria player, it tells me that I'm NOT activated, and asks if I'd like to re-download the Activation Key.

Ideas?

Steve

Re: Activation on Windows 7 64bit SP1

Steve,

I am having the same problem. I've been working with tech support since Thursday, but so far no solution. They say my problem is unusual. Sorry you're having it too, but at least it reassures me that I'm not missing something extremely obvious.

The funny thing is, I get the circle-with-the-slash graphic when I drag the Authentication over the Aria Player. I mentioned this to tech support, but so far they have not commented on it.

Also, when I tried one of their alternative suggestions of loading authentication as if it was a sample in one of the Player channels, that didn't work either.

I'm confident they will figure it out, since they now have my log files. Hopefully you've contacted them as well. Once this is figured out, I also hope they will put online a description of the problem and the solution.
    John B.
    ------------------
    Sonar 8.5 Producer (64 bit)
    Notion 3

GPO4
    EWQL Symphonic Choirs

2.5 GHz Core2 Quad, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit
    Audiophile 192

Keystation 61es

Hi Steve,

Have you downloaded the latest update to ARIA Player? It should be version 1.1.1.1.

cheers
    Éric Patenaude, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Eric,

Are you suggesting that if I downloaded GPO last week I still might not have the most recent version of the Aria Player?
    John B.
    ------------------
    Notion 3

GPO4
    EWQL Symphonic Choirs

Audiophile 192

Keystation 61es

Quote Originally Posted by John6448 View Post
    Eric,

Are you suggesting that if I downloaded GPO last week I still might not have the most recent version of the Aria Player?
    Absolutely.

I guess it could be indicated more clearly on Garritan's website.

It's not uncommon for software developers to not remake the installers from scratch at every improvement they make. In fact, it's safer that way on many levels, for both the users and the developers.

I downloaded what I perceive to be the latest update for GPO 4 Sunday. There was only one pointer, so I assume that has to be it.

Steve

Hmmm....

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried this, but it didn't solve the problem for me. Oh well, I guess I'll wait for further word from tech support.
    John B.
    ------------------
    Notion 3

GPO4
    EWQL Symphonic Choirs

Audiophile 192

Keystation 61es

Hi

Can you drag/import the key and assure that it says something like GPO4 is authorized.
    Then close ARIA PLayer, and run the report technical issue app right away, then send the logs to garritan support?

We need to know what the logs say right after a 'suposedly OK' registration.

Sorry about your troubles
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    We need to know what the logs say right after a 'suposedly OK' registration.

Sorry about your troubles
    Oops. "and run the report technical issue app right away"

What app? THEN I Will do this evening.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMitchell View Post

What app?

Steve
    Start> Garritan Aria Player> Generate logs
    Follow the instructions on screen.
    Send the generated file to Garritan Support.

Go Back to forum