• Register
  • Help

Topic: So Close To Paradise

Share/Bookmark

So Close To Paradise

I made the following piece using gary garritan jazz as a plugin in FL studio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P05hq5CNCY4

Can i have your opinion on this work in progress, im adding brass to the whole as we speak.

Thanks anyway!

Re: So Close To Paradise

Keyser;
    Yeah, I like this and your sound! I have FL but haven't used it much, maybe now I will dabble with it some more. Nice cool sound and rhythmic sureness, re-post this when you do what ever you were planning.

Best regards,
    sd cisco

I like the sound on this, though I have to say you threw me for a loop when it changed right in the middle. Though I like the quiet jazz of the second half, I think I liked the song "So Close to Paradise" better.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by sd cisco View Post
    Keyser;
    Yeah, I like this and your sound! I have FL but haven't used it much, maybe now I will dabble with it some more. Nice cool sound and rhythmic sureness, re-post this when you do what ever you were planning.

Best regards,
    sd cisco
    Yes, thanks! Im still working on the brass which are coming up nicely with "So close to P." but are really hard to mix somehow. Anything you didnt like about the mix? Bass too loud maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd View Post

I like the sound on this, though I have to say you threw me for a loop when it changed right in the middle. Though I like the quiet jazz of the second half, I think I liked the song "So Close to Paradise" better.
    Really appreciated! And i agree, I also like "So Close to Paradise" more. Anything you did not like? Or maybe you would have done different?

The funny thing about that song was that the singing was recorded on another track of mine. I took out the singing and build the new track you heard around it. Somehow this works great. Does anybody else work this way?

Again thanks a bunch people!

Now I also understand what trentpmcd meant. It's indeed a bit of a change. The 2nd is pretty relaxed with an interesting rhythmic break, but too repetitive to be called a song. The first one is pretty good though. It reminded me al Al Jarreau: the harmonies, the style of singing, the accompaniment, although there are a few parts that need more action. I hope you can finish it one day.
    Theo

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    Now I also understand what trentpmcd meant. It's indeed a bit of a change. The 2nd is pretty relaxed with an interesting rhythmic break, but too repetitive to be called a song. The first one is pretty good though. It reminded me al Al Jarreau: the harmonies, the style of singing, the accompaniment, although there are a few parts that need more action. I hope you can finish it one day.
    Thanks for your reply FLWrd

2nd part was ment for hiphop. And im working on the 1st one so ill post as soon as i have the complete song.

I didnt know about this Al Jarreau guy, thanks for introducing, enjoying his music now!

Go Back to forum