• Register
  • Help

Topic: Celtic instruments

Share/Bookmark

Celtic instruments

Any of you sample producers working on celtic instruments... think Brave Heart and Titanic (minus the awful vocal qualities of Celine Dion - should have used Kate Bush instead IMHO)?
    I\'m talking whistles, bagpipes, celtic drums... that sort of thing...

Re: Celtic instruments

[This message has been edited by Endicott (edited 09-08-2001).]

As far as irish tin whistles and bagpipes, I would recommend definitely taking a listen to Nicks demo of \"Rare Instruments.\" www.soundsonline.com

Big Fish Audio will be releaseing a CD set of Celtic instruments. The Akai version will be completed first, then giga. The website is: www.bigfishaudio.com

There\'s also \"Complete Celt\" by AMG. 2 volumes, 6 cds for about $300 total.

Bodrahn, Uillean Pipes (though not particularly ethereal ones), fiddle, accordian, whistles, guitars, vocals, mandolin, bagpipes., mandocello.

All in riffs and phrases and construction kits.

Volume 1 = Ballads, Airs, Laments
    Volume 2 = Jigs, Reels, Polkas

I did the programming for the Big Fish Celtic Instruments cd for giga. It should be out fairly soon. I have to say that it is very good and has an excellent variety of insruments.

Donnie

Hi Donnie,

I am interested in Great Highland Bagpipe (the ones you see in bands) samples for use in creating tunes via MIDI instructions. The bagpipe is actually several instruments: bass drone, 2 tenor drones, and chanter. To be useful, I need solo samples of each of these \"instruments\": samples of each drone of about 1 sec. duration and a sample of the chanter playing its scale (9 notes) with each note at a duration of about 1 sec. Is there anything like this on the Big Fish Celtic CD? Thanks.

Peter
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnie:
    I did the programming for the Big Fish Celtic Instruments cd for giga. It should be out fairly soon. I have to say that it is very good and has an excellent variety of insruments.

Donnie
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peter,

Yes all the \"pipe\" samples are setup with the bass drone, tenor drone, and a combined bass/tenor drone on the lower part of the keyboard. The sustain pedal loops these but does not effect the chanter notes just like on real bagpipes. There are also chromatic versions of each and tuned versions also.

Hope this helps,

Donnie

Are you putting Uillean pipes on there too... a slightly sweeter version of the traditional scottish bagpipe, although I have to say I am looking forward to getting this CD, shoving a kilt on and cranking the volume up

new binaural bag pipes from vrsound:
    We sampled Richard Cook, Piper, played on Braveheart sound track and many more.
    Look for the mp3 demo here: http://vrsound.com/index2.html

Uilleann pipes also coming!

Go Back to forum