• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone else found this with Ivory II?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone else found this with Ivory II?

It seems that I get a more consistent feel and better sound when I use the factory
    velocity curves, rather than setting it to my Casio Privia keyboard.When setting it to
    the Casio, I find that its hard to get an even sound without some notes popping out.

If anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestions, I'm all ears.I know you can adjust
    the hardness of the hammers, etc.

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Anyone else found this with Ivory II?

I don't have IvoryII, but I have a lot of other virtual pianos and Epianos. In general, I think that's the challenge of soft pianos, to get your controller and the VST matched up. Also, there's an issue of your own personal playing style. Does what you consider to be "very hard playing" match what either your controller or the s/w considers "very hard (or very soft)?"

I usually find that the s/w has more granularity for adjusting the velocity than my controller. I happen to use a Yamaha S90 as my controller. So my preference has always been to set it to linear, then adjust the s/w to my taste. Like you observed, I also get better results that way.

Hope that helps.

thanks Elcabong for your reply.
    Yes, it always surprises me how much matching the velocity curve with your controller
    really affects the sound of the piano, as well as the touch.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by wolfetho View Post
    It seems that I get a more consistent feel and better sound when I use the factory velocity curves, rather than setting it to my Casio Privia keyboard.When setting it to the Casio, I find that its hard to get an even sound without some notes popping out.
    I have a similar set up... Ivory II triggering with a Casio PX-330... I don't even bother with the Casio velocity controls... Ivory is so flexible and has many options as to velocity mapping... in fact it is almost too flexible b/c I keep wondering if I can tweak something to make it better when I could be easily satisfied with the action I have all ready set on Ivory II.

no i have never find it

Go Back to forum