Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Nikolas - Sad piano theme, the Garritan Steinway and strings

Share/Bookmark

Smile Nikolas - Sad piano theme, the Garritan Steinway and strings

I think I've been away for far too long, to let this get by:

http://www.northbysound.com/Clients/...ris_office.mp3

Piano: Garritan Steinway
    and strings (non Garittan library).

Piano was performed once live by me, no tweaking whatsoever, and then I added the strings. One of my most classical works I reckon! But still I'm liking it! This track is supposed to loop, but is cut short for a split second for some reason. But it is supposed to end like that, more or less...

Re: Nikolas - Sad piano theme, the Garritan Steinway and strings

A sad theme indeed, but I'm happy you thought to share it with us

I've heard some of your other work and this is....well.....very different. Don't get me wrong, it's good but different. Is this for a game or film?

Very nice. If it's for pleasure will you be expanding on this or orchestrating more?

Steve Winkler

Heh...

My other works posted here are usually for academic purposes, so they are, indeed, vastly different!

It is for a game, and as such, they wouldn't accept me expanding it to 8 minutes (although semi-jokingly I did mention that I wouldn't mind going for a full symphony! But they would have to pay for the 8 minutes, so it didn't work...).

no expansion plans at this moment, but you never know. Another (rejected) cue for a computer game, ended a full string orchestra work, premiered about two weeks ago in Seattle! So you never know...

Well I was just going to ask if you typically retain rights so in the future if you liked a certain theme you could reuse it in a concert work?

Depends on the situation really. In this case, the game is indie, so they couldn't afford a total buyout. So, yes, I retain copyrights in this tune to use in the future.

And although I'm enjoying listening to it, I can't say that I find it that amazing to use in the future... It does sound very nice though... :-/ Oh well.

Thanks for listening Steve!

Very moving, Nikolas! - at first it felt like a Beethoven sonata, with the left hand on the piano, but then you really developed the harmonies and built an original and moving piece of music and I liked it!!

Thanks for posting!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Nikolas-

Good to be back and hearing your wonderful music. Keep posting

Dan.
    Trumpet, cornet, flugel player. Composer and student.

Niko channels his inner-beethoven!

Very beautifully done, Nikolas!

Coming from your hand and skill, it once
    again points up that much high-caliber
    "serious" music is finding its way into
    games, today.

I do hope you'll take this further, though;
    there's so much more for that theme
    to say!

All my best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

sd cisco, dan: Thank you for your kind words!

Michel: LOL! Well... it was bound to happen eventually you know! :P With all my classical education and all that!

BTw, I've not let my project go down, but searching for funding (either personal, or from other means). I have a contract prepared (if you want to check it out and discuss, let me know), various tibids of graphic art and my website is also on its way (working on the shop right now). I'm still in search for the best (money/quality) printer, but I think I've found them!

David: Heh... Yes, I tend to do that (attempt to at least). The projects allow for such music to be used ingame. This is a scene in a phychiatrist's office. All wodden, old furniture and the such, so we agreed that classical music would fit best. (with a bit of Chopin in there as well, if I want to be honest).

And, yes, there is so much material in there, just not sure I think it's worth it. It's almost a direct copy of something Beethoven (the augment 6th chord) and Chopin (the rest and the left hand ostinato) would do. I'd prefer to channel my energy in something a bit more... unique. Perhaps it's just me (or maybe this is a great idea for a thread? )

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast