• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dan Dean's Solo Strings Demo - what is that?

Share/Bookmark

Dan Dean\'s Solo Strings Demo - what is that?

The solo strings demo that I believe is on the Gigasampler site (just called Dan Dean solo strings.mp3)-- what piece of music is that? That\'s the Fawlty Towers theme, right? Who wrote that? I love it.

Re: Dan Dean\'s Solo Strings Demo - what is that?

A simple search for \'Fawlty Towers\' on IMDB would probably give you a clue...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Erken:
    The solo strings demo that I believe is on the Gigasampler site (just called Dan Dean solo strings.mp3)-- what piece of music is that? That\'s the Fawlty Towers theme, right? Who wrote that? I love it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The DDSS demo is an arrangement of the \"Fawlty Towers\" theme...one of my favorite programs. I happened to have one of the VHS tapes, so I listened to it and derived a demo that used all of the features of the Solo Strings in 30 seconds or so. I, unfortunately, do not know who the original composer is.

Thanks,
    DD

[This message has been edited by dandean (edited 05-29-2001).]

From the Fawlty Towers FAQ:

\"Public Television\'s Greatest
    Hits\" (1990) BMC Classics/RCA Victor, 60470-2-RC (U.S.) It says
    \"Fawlty Towers\" by Dennis Wilson, arranged by Byron Olson.
    http://www.hut.fi/~ajtuomin/Fawlty-Towers.FAQ/fawlty.mid

BTW Dan, any ETA on the Solo Brass? I\'m waiting with bated breath!

Thanks gentleman. I found some Fawlty sites after posting here, and it seems that Dennis Wilson composed the theme for the show. Its such a sweet tune and it\'s a great contrast with the hilarious, manic show.

And Dan, adapting that tune hit my sweet spot: I just ordered Solo Strings today!

Go Back to forum