• Register
  • Help

Topic: Evermore and Evermore

Share/Bookmark

Evermore and Evermore

The track of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" that is on the 2010 Garritan Christmas CD is the third movement of Evermore and Evermore for choir and orchestra with optional dancers. Now that the CD has been released I am reposting the link where you may download audio files of the entire piece. These files are in a folder called "Christmas Carols" and there are both mp3 and aiff versions of the files. There is also a pdf file that contains notes about the music and the lyrics of each carol as they are used in this piece. I changed the order of some verses, repeated some verses, and used only parts of others so that I could get the best aesthetic effects possible. I hope some of you will follow the lyrics as you listen to get a better sense of what the work represents.

https://public.me.com/jandjnelson

Everything was done entirely in Finale 2010 using both GPO instruments for Finale and some GPO 3 instruments. In places Finale's soft synth choir Ahs are used to get a smoother legato. This sound will eventually be replaced. (another vote for the Garritan Choir Library) There are some other technical things that can be improved and I will pose some questions and seek some advice in the "Notation and Sequencing" part of this forum.

There are audio files of two other multimovement pieces at this link. Both are entirely GPO 4 sounds. You may download any of these also.

Norman J. Nelson

Re: Evermore and Evermore

Norm;
    I will give E & E a listen later. ITMT, I accidentally slipped into the first folder. Absolutely LOVE your Movie 1 score. Brilliant flute and piano work!
    JB

Re: Evermore and Evermore

Thanks for the compliment. The flute and piano piece is called Three Rondos with Riffs and Refrains. It was composed for Bradley Garner who teaches at the Cincinnati Conservatory. Brad will present the first performance next year.

Norman J. Nelson

Go Back to forum