• Register
  • Help

Topic: INSTANT, streaming videos of the Movie Challenge entries!

Share/Bookmark

INSTANT, streaming videos of the Movie Challenge entries!

I don't think the thousands of visitors to this site understand that the entries for the current Garritan Movie Challenge are now available for INSTANT VIEWING - no downloads needed.

Go here - and you'll see all of the videos available for viewing right there on the post:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...lenge-8!/page3

I posted the original entry files as downloads from my Box account. It's strange to see from the site's statistics that the first entry has been viewed twice as many times as any of the other entries. The only conclusion to be drawn from that is that people get tired of having to download before watching. SO I uploaded all the entries to my You Tube account as non-public videos, but which can be seen from this Forum via the link.

All ya gotta do is go there, watch 6 ONE MINUTE videos and then vote on your favorite via the poll at the top of that same thread.

Please take a pause in your life for 6 minutes or so, and support the efforts of your fellow Forum members whom I'm sure you want to encourage.

Randy

Re: INSTANT, streaming videos of the Movie Challenge entries!

Click and play - That's all there is to it. Please donate 6 minutes of your time to help support the Forum members who spent many hours to create the entertaining entries in the Movie Challenge. Link on the header of this thread. - Over 100 hits on this new thread, two new votes over the last week.

Randy

Bump- Hey psssssst. Got 6 minutes to spare? That's how long it takes to click on the You Tube links on the Movie Challenge thread and watch the entries in the current contest. Add another 5 seconds to then vote for one of them. You can do it - Go on now, just click on vids, watch, vote.

Randy

Final bump - Use the link in this thread head, post #28 has the live links. In not much over 6 minutes after you click the first entry - you'll be done.

It's curious, by the way, that I keep getting email notifications that the copies of these entries in my Box account are still being downloaded. The first entry has been downloaded three times more often than any of the other 5 entries - But why are Any of them being downloaded now? You can watch an entry as many times as you want just by clicking the posted You Tube vids. ---?

Randy

This movie challenge really mystifies me, Randy. There have been 236 views alone but only 13 people have voted. I sure can't figure it out. I'm one of the voters and the entries are really good. I know people are busy, especially this time of year, but like you pointed out, it only takes about 6 minutes total to watch, listen and decide.

Come on, everybody!!! Let's do this!!!

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    This movie challenge really mystifies me, Randy. There have been 236 views alone but only 13 people have voted. I sure can't figure it out. I'm one of the voters and the entries are really good. I know people are busy, especially this time of year, but like you pointed out, it only takes about 6 minutes total to watch, listen and decide.

Gary A.
    Thanks for the post, Gary - Actually, 236 views is just for this one which is trying to point out the streaming vids on the actual polling thread. That one, the one that counts, has over 1,000 hits!

This is pretty much the way it always goes, with the average number of votes for any of the contests to be between around 15 and 20. I always hope to drum up more interest, but the numbers don't change. It's OK, I just have to resign myself to the way things are each time.

The people who Do get involved, both as entrants and voters - they have a good time with it, so that's good to remember.

Thanks gain for the support, Gary!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post

Gary A.
    Wow. Thanks Gary! I am mystified as well. Thanks for the encouragement!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Go Back to forum