• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dean/Cholakis Bluthner

Share/Bookmark

Dean/Cholakis Bluthner

I'm primarily a GigaStudio user and have been (mostly) happily playing and recording for some years now either the Seven Seas Grand or Black Grand -- two excellent instruments, with the only significant markdown being the BG's murky stereo image.

But I recently acquired Kontakt for the first time (to accommodate L.A. Scoring Strings) and am sniffing around for a great classically oriented piano to use with it.

I note that Dean and Cholakis put a tremendous effort into developing their Bluthner. But this instrument seems to be written about quite rarely and apparently hasn't achieved much popularity. I'm curious as to why. Can anyone who has owned BDMO for some time tell me what they think of it at this point?

Thanks,
    karolsz

Re: Dean/Cholakis Bluthner

karolsz

The piano is still selling regardless of the lack of comments on this and other forums :-) FYI I am working on a significant update that will include a few surprises. If you do have any technical questions just contact me through the website.

Ernest Cholakis
    Numerical Sound/ProAudioVault
    www.numericalsound.com
    www.proaudiovault.com

Re: Dean/Cholakis Bluthner

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
    karolsz

The piano is still selling regardless of the lack of comments on this and other forums :-) FYI I am working on a significant update that will include a few surprises. If you do have any technical questions just contact me through the website.

Ernest Cholakis
    Numerical Sound/ProAudioVault
    www.numericalsound.com
    www.proaudiovault.com
    I agree that this is a little bit sad this piano library is for some reason one of the most underestimated by a lot of people. Perhaps because there's not an update every week like some others )))

I for one enjoy it immensely. Being originally classical piano performer I know how it should sound and every time I tried something new, I just went back to Digital One. Yes, it needs some crafting for mix and good reverbs (for some reason, I prefere using FORTI rather than internally crafted impulses), but at the end, the dynamic range and flexibility in tone and mapping are just outstanding. 70% of the time I don't use Timbral Impulses that in some cases can sound strange, but there are so many of them, that I bet everybody would find smth he likes. Also, sympathetic resonance is great and IMHO the best around. Can sound very audible or very subtle. Anyway, there are a lot of features, but for me, just the bare sound with some eq sounds already great! And of course, I tried almost all piano libraries out there which, comparing to Digital One, sounds more synthetic. This is my opinion, but I'm sure it's shared by a lot of happy users that are too busy shouting on forums about how great it is. Perhaps, we should raise up!

I'm also very excited hearing about new update. Kontakt has made some progress in handling impulses I heard and it could be the most beneficial for Digital One.

Regarding update, when do you plan to put it out, Ernest? Also, I changed address since 2 years ago, how can I be sure to receive it? The last time it was by regular mail, will it be downloadable?

Thank you!

Shandor

Go Back to forum