• Register
  • Help

Topic: Just bought World & Personal Orchestra & have a question.

Share/Bookmark

Just bought World & Personal Orchestra & have a question.

Downloaded World Instruments & Personal Orchestra last night.
    I installed World, and it sounds great. The Aria player is the essence of simplicity and a clean layout, good stuff.
    I haven't spent a lot of time with the sounds, but the ones I've played with are stellar, nice raw sounds, not over-processed.
    I am wondering about one thing however. When I install the GPO, do I need to install the Aria player a second time, or will it just use the same one installed for World Instruments?
    If so, I guess I open one instance (in Cubase) of Aria for World, and a second for GPO?
    I noticed too that the Garritan Steinway can load into the Aria player as well, just not with any of the controls from it's own player, interesting.
    It's going to be a good weekend...
    What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Re: Just bought World & Personal Orchestra & have a question.

Hi,

All Garritan products load in the same Aria player, so you can load bagpipes from World in slot 1 and violins from GPO in slot 2. Steinway should have its own controls, available on the controls page.

Quote Originally Posted by bluntinstrument View Post
    When I install the GPO, do I need to install the Aria player a second time, or will it just use the same one installed for World Instruments?
    The World installer now contains the latest version of the ARIA player. So after installing this version you won't need to install ARIA from any other library. (even if you selected to install ARIA it shouldn't get installed because the older components won't overwrite newer file versions)

Quote Originally Posted by bluntinstrument View Post
    If so, I guess I open one instance (in Cubase) of Aria for World, and a second for GPO?

Just to expand on what Reegs wrote. The ARIA player is a platform instrument for all of the Garritan libraries. So you have up to 16 instrument slots that you can load any instrument from any Garritan library, per single instance of the ARIA player.

Enjoy the World Library and GPO!

Thanks for clearing that up guys.
    What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

How much work is involved in connecting the AKAI USB EWI into the New World Insturments Aria player? Could it be as simple as the small Aria that comes with the EWI? That would be a dream come true and an immediate sale for Garriton. I just got word back from Tony at Garriton that it should work but I need to contact Akai. I called but their offices are closed for Thanksgiving.

Cheers,

Ken

Go Back to forum