• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 - problems with ARIA as a plug in to notation program

Share/Bookmark

GPO4 - problems with ARIA as a plug in to notation program

Hi all

I have recently upgraded to GPO4

For the past several years I have used GPO2 (specifically garritan studio) as a plug in to the notation program Guitar Pro 5. This has always worked pretty well, giving me adequate control of dynamics then recording my music as a WAV file

I have had a look at the Aria player, & it seems pretty awesome (particularly reverb control for individual instruments). Unfortunately, when running it through guitar pro 5 it becomes a little buggy. Specifically, there is a lot of delay between the notes 'playing' in the notation and program, and hearing them through ARIA. More frustrating is the 'send' knob returns back to 12 o'clock for every instrument whenever I press play in the guitar pro 5.

Is there any way around this? I am suspicious maybe my notation software is too out of date for the ARIA player. Are there any other notation programs which work well with GPO4 and the aria player?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, Perk

Re: GPO4 - problems with ARIA as a plug in to notation program

Hello Perk and a warm welcome to our forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Perk View Post
    Are there any other notation programs which work well with GPO4 and the aria player?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, Perk
    GPO4 integrates superbly with Finale. I presently have Finale 2011 and GPO4 has full integration including Finale's Setup Wizard to prepare scores with all staves assigned to instruments and setup ready to go.

The only consideration with this, of course, is that Finale is not an inexpensive option and it would, no doubt, come with a new learning curve.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Thanks Michael

I have an embarrassing confession - most of what I write I don't use standard notation :O

So it's probably high time I learn, & maybe finale is a good option... can you do articulations within finale?

My old program was great for note attack, staccato etc etc

Cheers, Perk

Hello again Perk,

Quote Originally Posted by Perk View Post
    ... can you do articulations within finale?

My old program was great for note attack, staccato etc etc

Cheers, Perk
    Absolutely. Finale is one of the world's leading notation programs. It has a wide range of articulations all of which can be edited. You could even create your own articultaions. Finale also has a range of non-standard notation and, again, you can create your own.

As mentioned, there will be a bit of a learning curve. Why not give the Finale demo a try to see if it's for you. You can find the demo on the Make Music site:

http://www.finalemusic.com/Finale/Demo.aspx
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Michael is right about Finale. I would also say the same is true of Sibelius. Both are worth checking out, and both have slimmed down versions for those at the entry-level.

Good luck.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Thanks for both of your suggestions - I think it may be high time to give one of these programs a shot to take my music to the next level.... they are quite pricey though!

Go Back to forum