• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Spectrasonics At NAMM This Year

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics At NAMM This Year

Just wondering if anybody wants to take a stab in the dark as to if Spectrasonics will debut any new products at NAMM this year?
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Re: Spectrasonics At NAMM This Year

When is NAMM exactly?
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    When is NAMM exactly?
    Ooops sorry I meant next year. I believe it's in Jan.
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com

My guess is Stylus RMX2 or a completely new product that we dont' even have a clue about :-)
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

My opinion - New RMX since it's the oldest instrument in their arsenal.
    An updated version of Omnisphere would also be nice. Perhaps a version in which you could import your own samples. Either way Spectrasonics instruments are still some of the best instruments on the market today.

I'm guessing they will not showcase anything new at NAMM except for updates of
    Omnisphere and Trilian which is always good.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    I'm guessing they will not showcase anything new at NAMM except for updates of
    Omnisphere and Trilian which is always good.
    I'd probably agree with you..but... Eric has been very, very, quiet lately, which tells me, as always, he is probably up to his IQ in something.

I think RMX2 or a huge update to Omni to battle Komplete 7 may be in the works (prayerfully including 1 good piano).

What I'd love to personally see is a Komplete-esque approach to their instruments. Make either Omni or RMX sort of a host that you can load all the others into as well as using this "host" as either a live standalone or effects processor.

I guess that is really more like NI's Kore concept. That's what I'd love to see though. I love the Nomad Factory effects in Spectrasonic' arsenal.

~C
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

Actually I heard they are going to make a program called "GOD" and it will have every sound that god ever created

The funny thing about that is I honestly believe they can do lol.

www.plusishiphop.com

I would just be happy if they came out with some new drum/perc libraries for RMX.

- Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by MODE View Post
    I would just be happy if they came out with some new drum/perc libraries for RMX.

- Gavin
    I agree, but I believe there is another thread somewhere here on NS that Eric P commented on staying out of the sample library business... I think that is how he stated it.

I agree though, there is not a whole lot of dedicated Stylus material anymore. Aside from Nine Volt Audio, and some of Skippy L's work, I'm not really sure if there is any out there. Ilio hasn't come out with anything for years.

I'm hoping there is a giant 40 gig update to Stylus around the corner.

big~C
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

Go Back to forum