• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to delete folders I've added from Omnisphere browser?

Share/Bookmark

How to delete folders I've added from Omnisphere browser?

Hi,

I had added a couple folders of presets to Omnisphere's library, but have since deleted them. However they are still showing up in the browser. One of the folders is empty in the browser (although it used to have presets), and the other folder shows one preset in it, but it's unselectable (I also deleted that folder from the hard drive so it's no wonder I can't select it).

So what I'm wondering is how do I update the database to reflect the actual folders on disk and not show deleted folders? Perhaps I missed it but I didn't see a refresh command or rescan or anything.

thanks

Re: How to delete folders I've added from Omnisphere browser?

If you search for "refresh" in the user guide, you'll find instructions for finding the refresh button.
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

How bizarre! I thought I'd already done that. Of course it would have been the first thing I would have tried. Having thought that didn't work, I even searched the manual for "rescan" but didn't find anything. Anyways, I just hit the refresh just now and it seems to have done the trick. I can't imagine it wouldn't have worked the first time, so I must have imagined that I already hit it, or accidentally hit a sort button.

Anywho, thanks, it made me try again (Although going to the manual isn't necessary for pressing the refresh button but I guess you were being cheeky, barring perhaps some die-hard adherence to the "give a man a fish/teach a man to fish" philosophy. )

cheers

Not being cheeky. Your first post made it sound like you weren't aware there is a refresh button. Sorry if I misunderstood.

But, this does serve as an opportunity to remind everyone: If you have a technical question, consult the manual and the FAQs at support.spectrasonics.net. That's almost always the best place to go for solutions. If you still need help, contact tech support and they'll be glad to help.
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

No no you understood perfectly well. It was me who was being dumb actually. I just re-read my initial post and I actually used the word refresh or rescan for what I was looking for, even though I knew of the refresh button but I didn't think it did a full database update or rescan, if that makes any sense. That's what I get for asking a question from my office when I don't have the gui in front of me...

Go Back to forum