• Register
  • Help

Topic: Running super system for garritan steinway BUT.....

Share/Bookmark

Running super system for garritan steinway BUT.....

Running fast track ultra (with 64 bit driver) with original pro version of garritan steinway. No noticeable latency, BUT I am hearing the dreaded "flange" sound, instead of just one beautiful piano?

Is there a problem going with the 64 bit driver and the original GSteinway?

Can't find any extra midi sources that might be doubling up the signal. I'm stumped.

JG

Re: Running super system for garritan steinway BUT.....

I'm running 64 bit on my system and it works fine.

It really sounds like you have a MIDI loop somewhere causing doubling of sound.

Jim

Hey Jim, that would be real simple to fix... I'm sure it IS simple to fix and I'm checking it with Maudio!

JG

You'll want to be running version 1.04, but I imagine you've already done that.
    I'd suggest to check if anything (like your keyboard) might be sending its MIDI on multiple channels. Since the Garritan Steinway responds to omni (all channels) that might be the source of the problem.
    Good luck with the new super system

Problem solved.... ALL FTU's settings MUST be at infinity--which looks like "00"--in the audio settings box. In short, ALL those little needles must be completely to the left, except for MASTER, obviously, and whatever INPUT you're using.

Any hint of the extremely poor reverb that comes with the box will torture your sound. Otherwise, the box is very fast, and the Win 7 driver works fine.

JG

Go Back to forum