• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New to GPO4 and forum

Share/Bookmark

New to GPO4 and forum

Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself and hope to become a regular member of this community. I have just recently purchased GPO4 and it has been such a delight working with it. I still have a lot to learn on how to properly use the library. I was wondering if it is ok to post lets say works from the likes of Mendelssohn or Beethoven or Tchaikovsky? I have been practicing on sequencing their classic works and to see how well i can get GPO4 to sound.

There are loads of information on this forum and would like to thank everyone ahead of time for their time and support

Erik

Re: New to GPO4 and forum

I was wondering if it is ok to post lets say works from the likes of Mendelssohn or Beethoven or Tchaikovsky?
    Welcome onboard, Erik.
    I think there's nothing again posting works from the Masters
    (and a lot to learn from).
    At least until old fogeis like me are around the corner.
    Have fun with GPO.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Quote Originally Posted by rsfreak View Post
    Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself and hope to become a regular member of this community. I have just recently purchased GPO4 and it has been such a delight working with it. I still have a lot to learn on how to properly use the library. I was wondering if it is ok to post lets say works from the likes of Mendelssohn or Beethoven or Tchaikovsky? I have been practicing on sequencing their classic works and to see how well i can get GPO4 to sound.

There are loads of information on this forum and would like to thank everyone ahead of time for their time and support

Erik
    I would love to welcome you to the forum, and yes, many of us "cut our teeth," so to speak, by recording known classical works, which you can hear for yourself in The Listening Room section of the forum. One member, for example, has posted an excellent recording of one of Giovanni Gabrieli's pieces, and I have recorded something by Wagner as well. To the best of my knowledge and belief, it is perfectly legal to record any classical music and post it for others to hear and/or download, as long as there is no money involved, which is an interpretation of the copyright laws' "fair use" doctrine, but I believe you will find that most, if not all, classical music is in the public domain by now, which means there are no restrictions on its use.

Congratulations on your acquisition of GPO4! This is certainly the most appropriate venue for displaying your music recorded with that legendary library.

Not only can you find a lot of help here on various aspects of using GPO4, but you are also welcome to contribute your ideas in any of the forums that you believe may be useful to others, or just generally give your opinion freely and openly about anything under the sun as long as it stays related to the subject of whatever thread you are posting in.

Once again, welcome! And don't be shy about asking questions or offering suggestions. We all try to help each other along here, and many of us post our recordings in The Listening Room for comments, suggestions and criticisms, too.

Arvid
    Arvid Hand
    Theory-Comp./Piano
    ASCAP

Hi Erik, and welcome

The works of the great classical composers who died before 1900, say, are all thankfully in the public domain, so everyone is free to use them as they wish.

The Listening Room here has few rules other than it focussing on the use of Garritan libraries.

Peter

Thanks fabiolcati

I really am enjoying GPO4. Once I get the hang of it, I will post some attempts that i made and hopefully do the works themselves justice. More reading on the manual and lots of scanning through the plethora of information available on this forum.

Erik

Thank you also Arvid and Peter

I will definitely post some stuff once i get more acquainted with GPO4.

Welcome aboard, Erik!

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Another big welcome here Erik!

Thanks again everyone.
    It is so nice to be in a forum where the community is so helpful and friendly.

I will be posting a work by Mendelssohn called Hebrides/Fingal's Cave Overture hopefully by Sunday. Im trying to find time to just sit down and do it without any distractions lol.

Erik

H'lo Erik! This is one of the finest boards on the web. Welcome!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Go Back to forum