• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Flute Vibrato

Share/Bookmark

Flute Vibrato

Hi!
    Does anybody know how to get vibrato on the flutes in JABB3? I tried all of the controllers. None seem to work.
    Thanks

John B.

Re: Flute Vibrato

I believe the vibrato flute instruments are in GPO, not JABB.

Allegro Data Solutions

So, I guess jazz flautists never use vibrato.
    Thank you for your response, sir.
    John B.

Quote Originally Posted by voclizr View Post
    So, I guess jazz flautists never use vibrato.
    I didn't think jazz jazz flautists played long enough notes to warrant using vibrato!

If you don't have GPO and its not worth your while buying it yet, if you can provide a MIDI file for the flute line, someone could render this to a .wav file for you using the GPO vibrato flute patch.

(That's quite legal I'm sure, I think DPDan did it for someone once.)

I'd be happy to do this for you over the weekend unless someone wants to volunteer to do it sooner for you.

That's OK. Thanks anyway. I appreciate the offer, my friend, but I have a decent flute sound in Mixcraft, which I used. It's just that I don't think I've ever heard of flute w/o vibrato, even in jazz.

New one! JB

Flute vibrato amount is controlled by aftertouch. Does you keyboard have aftertouch?

Jim

Which command # is that?
    JB

Aftertouch isn't a normal Controller like volume or pan. It's more along the line of the pitch bend wheel.

Jim

I don't have a mod wheel or pitch bend but I do have access to those commands through automated mixdown in my sequencer.

Thanks Jim!
    JB

Some useful info maybe: Aftertouch is how much you press the key after hitting it. However you need a keyboard that provides this sort of information.

Alternatively you can draw some aftertouch data in your DAW. Typical aftertouch data looks like a little mountain while the note is on, and it will go back to zero in a slope before the note ends.
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Go Back to forum