• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: "DORIAN" premieres Oct. 22nd in Moscow

Share/Bookmark

"DORIAN" premieres Oct. 22nd in Moscow

NOVEMBER 4th UPDATE: Here is a slide show of great shots taken at the premiere:

Slide show - "DORIAN" in Moscow

------------------------below is the original text of this post.

The official premiere in Russia of my stage musical, "Dorian Gray," has finally arrived.

On Oct. 22nd, "Dorian" will debut at The Moscow International House of Music, which is the Russian equivalent of The Lincoln Center in New York.

Earlier this year, the show was in previews. Initial plans to open the show in June were changed so that the 2010-2011 theatre season could kick off with a gala premiere at this incredible venue in down town Moscow. Following that, "Dorian" will join the roster of shows performed by the Stas Namin repertory company in Gorky Park.

AND - I'll be there at the opening! - I was in Moscow in 2008 when work began on the show. Now I'm returning to attend the premiere, and to do some serious sight-seeing which I didn't have time for during my first visit there.

Those of you who have been on the Forum long enough will recall that all throughout 2007 I posted all of the music from my show, piece by piece.

Then followed an amateur production in 2008, with Gary and Marianne Garritan attending on opening night.

Michael Butler, the original producer of "HAIR" on Broadway was also there on opening night. I signed a contract with him, and his first move was to give the show its professional premiere in Moscow, Russia.

In the way of a fairly typical show-biz roller coaster ride, it's taken the Russian company two years to get the show up, weathering tough financial times like the rest of the world. But now they're finally opening their uniquely Russian version of "Dorian" and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Butler is currently working on a possible "Dorian" production in Orange County, California.

Here are translated Russian pages of the show with photographs from the beautiful production the Stas Namin Centre has put together:

"DORIAN" IN RUSSIA

And here's a live link to the SNC site that has a slide show of production shots. This link is through Google translate:

"DORIAN" RUSSIAN INFO

This is one of the highest peak experiences of my life.

Randy

Re: "DORIAN" premieres Oct. 22nd in Moscow

Oh man! This is fantastic! Congrats Randy! Wow what a venue. A really cool poster too! Is there any way to obtain a copy of the poster?

I am really excited for you. I just know this is going to be a wonderful experience.

All the very best.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Quote Originally Posted by reberclark View Post
    Oh man! This is fantastic! Congrats Randy! Wow what a venue. A really cool poster too! Is there any way to obtain a copy of the poster?

I am really excited for you. I just know this is going to be a wonderful experience.

All the very best.
    Hi, Chip - Thanks for the post. Yes, this is really super exciting. That beautiful complex has three main performance spaces. There's a large concert hall which seats 2,000, a theatre space which we'll be using, and that seats 500, then there's a more intimate space for soloists and small bands. All of them are gorgeous.

The poster - That's the only copy I have of it at the present time, not an overly large file. If you do a "Save As" you'll have a copy the same as what I have. Hopefully I'll get a higher rez copy later on, and of course a hard copy or two to bring home with me. You're asking for a hard copy print I think - Not sure if that could work out. I'll see what the supply is like when I'm there.

Moscow, here I come!

Randy

I am proud of you Rand and I wish you much success with the show. I predict that it will be so popular that you will have to learn to speak Russian.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Excellent news, Randy! Enjoy your time there.

Jim

Many warm -- and well deserved -- congratulations, my friend!

All best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

ψονγρατθλατιονσ!!

(and of course Ηαππυ Βιρτηδαυ!)
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

I forgot to post on the first thread on the GPO forum, but I've been listening to the scenes on your website every now and then in the evenings and it's really nice stuff! Congratulations your premiere, I hope everything goes well!!! Would very much like to see it live...
    Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

Thank you for your posts, everyone - There will always be a strong connection between Gary's Forum and my show, and so this Had to be the first place online where I made the announcement.

Larry - Thank you so much for your message - You're right, I should be learning more Russian no matter what happens. But thank heavens there's an interpreter who'll be with me throughout my stay - hopefully she'll keep communications straight with no gaffs like, "He said your mother wears combat boots" when it should've been "Your mother was blessed with looks"--you know, things like that.

Jim, and David - thank you both - Fabio, I tried to get a translation of your post, but for some reason everything I used failed to give me an English version -. Hmmmm, mysterious - Secret code kind of stuff?

Karvasika
    - That's great, thanks for letting me know you've been listening to the show's music!

Less than a week before departure. Kate and I seem to have all the preps covered - this week is a good buffer zone for last minute details we may have over looked.

Thanks again, all!
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Fabio, I tried to get a translation of your post, but for some reason everything I used failed to give me an English version -. Hmmmm, mysterious - Secret code kind of stuff?
    Go google.gr and type in *Congratulations* and *Happy Birthday*

See result.

Greetings
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Go Back to forum