• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Aria/Logic prob

Share/Bookmark

Aria/Logic prob

Hi
    I've recently purchased the upgrade to JABB3.
    The standalone Aria player works fine on my iMac intel 10.6.4 but won't load as an AU plug-in in Logic 9.1.1.
    It doesn't show up in Logic's Plug-in Manager
    It is listed as "ARIA Player AU.component in the System/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components folder.
    Any help in getting this working would be greatly appreciated.
    Rikwil

Re: Aria/Logic prob

Hi Rikwil,

Try going to www.ariaengine.com to get the latest upgrade of ARIA player. Let us know if does not not help.

I don't think that there are many logic users here, but some of the regular Mac users might be able to help. It looks to me like it could be just a folder issue. Are your other AU plugins in the same folder?. If not, the issue could be resolved if Logic has an option to point to plugin folders or "add plugin locations".

-Tim
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." – Henry Thoreau

It shouldn't be in "System/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components", but in "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components" (that is the Library folder that starts directly under Macintosh HD, or whatever the name of your system disk is). You can run a check from inside Logic, by choosing the menu item Logic Express > Preferences > Audio Unit Manager (the top level menu is called Logic Express in my case, because I'm using Logic Express; yours might be called Logic or Logic Pro or something like that). There you will see a list of the plugins (sorted by manufacturer; look for Garritan) that Logic has recognized and its validation status. There you can also force it to scan it again.

By the way: You don't happen to run Logic in 64 bit mode, do you? It says so in the opening screen.
    Theo

Thanks Tim & Theo for the info
    I downloaded the latest plug-in for Mac,put it in the correct folder and voila! it works.
    Curiously, it loads as the 32-bit version but doesn't appear in the Plug-in Manager.
    I'm running Logic 9.1.1 in 64-bit mode.
    Thanks again-Rikwil

Quote Originally Posted by rikwil View Post
    I downloaded the latest plug-in for Mac,put it in the correct folder and voila! it works.
    Curiously, it loads as the 32-bit version but doesn't appear in the Plug-in Manager.
    Thanks again-Rikwil
    Pretty well anything except for the plugs that come from Apple are going to use the 32-bit bridge right now...

Glad to here that you have it working.

I want to try Logic--the only thing is, I hate the name. How is a name like Logic suppost to inspire musical creativity? Most great inventions are not the result of some automatron crunching through logic circuits. Besides, people are generally too quick to bother with logic when they are playing around with software.

They should have called it Acumen or Wisdom or Savvy or Intuition or Reason instead... but maybe Propellerhead beat them to Reason. I guess that "Logic" has an Appleish ring to it.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." – Henry Thoreau

Reason came after Logic, which wasn't Apple's until they took over e-magic (formerly C-Lab). I think the reason it's called Logic is because of the way you could (and still can) connect objects in the signal path to transform the notes. It's a very accessible yet deep program, that doesn't block creativity any more than e.g. Cubase (which I used briefly), or OpCode's Vision, which was my sequencer of choice until OpCode went out of business). The way it works has nothing to do with applying logic. It's just another implementation of the multitrack recorder metaphor.

However, if you have become accustomed to a piece of software, I wouldn't recommend switching to another without need. Your music environment should be adapted to you, not vice versa.
    Theo

Thanks for the background. It looks like a great program, both in terms of the depth and the user interface. But it's not worth the investment atm as I use mainly PC (I use Mac also, but my powerhouse is a PC). I'm just getting over a love-hate relationship with Pro Tools (which I find great for workflow, until one of the underlying bugs causes everything to crash).

Quote Originally Posted by rikwil View Post
    Thanks again-Rikwil
    Hi Rikwil and others
    I bought JABB3 yesterday, and I can't, like you, get it to load i logic pro 9. I downloaded aria player update and made sure that the au.component file was in the plugins folder as you were told. However, the component file doesn't seem to update although the player does!? Is that right? What do I do? I hope that a friendly soul can help me.

Yours
    Nsurgmusic

Hello,

I don't have the answer to this problem. I am trying to use the ARIA Player in Logic
    Express version 9.1.3. I had used the ARIA Player successfully in Logic Express 9 previously. After updating to version 9.1.3, I did not use it for awhile. Then, a couple of
    days back, I downloaded and installed the updates for JABB3 and the ARIA Player. The
    Audio Units Manager in Logic lists the player as passing Validation. It is installed in the
    correct component directories. But when I try to assign it to a new software instrument,
    it is not listed in the channel strip pull-down menu under Audio Units. I have not had any
    luck with postings on the Apple Support Discussions Webpage. So... Help??

Thank you

Go Back to forum