• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any news on GWL?

Share/Bookmark

Any news on GWL?

The last I heard anything, was that it was near completion sometime near the beginning of September. Now that it's October, I'm kind of wondering just how close we are to a release. If nothing else, a little teaser demo would be nice.

I'm not in a horrible rush for it to be done or anything. I would rather wait until the product is perfected. However, I do wish there was a rough time line of when we can expect to see it, since we're supposedly so near completion. I would understand not having a time line if you just started recording it (Doug Rodgers always guesses product release dates, and is often very wrong), but since you're so near completing it, I'm kind of surprised that we don't at the very least have the month in which it's expected to be released by now. I think the old saying, no news is good good news applies to just about everything BUT product release dates. I would rather know that I have to wait 4 more months that have to sit here in the dark waiting for it.

Re: Any news on GWL?

Because previous announcements of expected release dates have raised hopes and expectations that have been then disappointed when said dates have not been met, Garritan have decided not to tease us by premature setting of dates...so the new policy is to keep mum until the product is ready. there is a thread about this decision somewheres...

so don't expect any news until the library is ready for release...
    gpo, jabb, symphonic choirs (only until Garritan's is out!), cubase, sibelius, reason

Nord Stage 2 88, Fender guitar and bass, Roland td9 drumkit, Norman acoustic guitar

three cats

Quote Originally Posted by sakari.lindhen View Post
    Because previous announcements of expected release dates have raised hopes and expectations that have been then disappointed when said dates have not been met, Garritan have decided not to tease us by premature setting of dates...so the new policy is to keep mum until the product is ready. there is a thread about this decision somewheres...

so don't expect any news until the library is ready for release...
    That is exactly right, sakari - When the World Library is ready for release, everyone here will be the first to know, but the announcement will come simultaneously with the release.

Randy

I can understand the reason for that. So hard to wait though...

Yes, declaring a release date comes with its own overheads--especially if the target date is not met. If a release date was missed, than the influx of customer complaints would likely slow down the development process. On the other hand, if a product was released before it was ready (to meet a pre-declared release date), then we would expect significant technical support overhead.

You can imagine that the development process is not linear. Once something is nearly done, it needs to be tested. Feedback results, and the product gets revised. The purpose is to iron out wrinkles, and to make the software easier to use. We all want software that does not inbibit our creativity.

Customer satisfaction is very important to Garritan... more important than release dates.

Thanks for your patience,

Tim
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." – Henry Thoreau

Go Back to forum