• Register
  • Help

Topic: Artifacts in Steinway Samples?

Share/Bookmark

Artifacts in Steinway Samples?

Hello, I'm running Steinway Pro as a plug-in in Apple's Logic Pro 9.1.

I'm getting distracting artifacts on G#3 when the velocity is set to 33. The artifact disappears when the velocity is set to 34.

I've posted an mp3 that contains two notes struck at 33 velocity, followed by to at 34 velocity, repeating:

http://jcohenmusic.com/storage/G_sha...y_Artifact.mp3

This mp3 was created dry with the Player perspective - no Steinway or Logic effects.

The artifact appears on G#3 in the velocity range 15 - 33.

I'm running into the same issue on many other notes as well, most often with velocities between 2 - 14.

I compared these Steinway Pro samples to the original Steinway samples that shipped with GPO. I don't hear any artifacts in any of the original Steinway samples.

Please let me know if there is something I can do to correct this issue.

Thanks for your help!
    Justin

Re: Artifacts in Steinway Samples?

Interesting, I'll look into that artifact. And I'll swap out the sample for one without that problem, for the next update.
    Normally a user wouldn't make those changes, though it's possible by just editing the sfz files (that's all I will do in order to change the sample used).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla View Post
    Interesting, I'll look into that artifact. And I'll swap out the sample for one without that problem, for the next update.
    Thanks, Jeff. I appreciate your help.

Please let me know if you find something in the sample as opposed to something going on with my unique installation.

If the artifact is in the sample, I'll provide you with a list of other samples that appear to be affected by a similar issue.

Thanks for your help,
    Justin

Gary forwarded the list, thanks. I'll look into the samples and wherever appropriate I can make changes to the sfz.

Go Back to forum