• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cinesamples VOXOS Released

Share/Bookmark

Cinesamples VOXOS Released

Hi all,

Many months in the making, and our little choir library is now officially released!

http://www.cinesamples.com/products/voxos/

Best wishes,
    Cinesamples Team

Re: Cinesamples VOXOS Released

congrats and many many sales!
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

These are amazing! Makes me wish I had 1K lying around somewhere.

The demos are great, but it would be nice to hear the choir more exposed, preferably "naked". I think that's essential before any buying decision, really.

There is one demo of the legato sections on their own, but the real test would be to hear just the choirs from the other pieces.

Having said that, the Phrase Builder video is really worth watching/hearing. Legato note changes within a phrase work very nicely, sound sweet. The attacks of the syllables are the tricky thing which sometimes sound a bit synthetic to my ears , but I think this is also because the preceding syllable before the new one is completely cut off with the new note, which of course in a real choir is always a bit more "smeared". Maybe there would be a way to introduce a "smear" control, or could you just tweak the release phase of the syllables for the same effect?

A further enhancement would be to strech or overlay just the consonant attacks for a more "human" entry effect on the syllables- given that Cinesamples have all the material and the scripting power of Kontakt, that would make a great update. Actually, you could even make a "consonants only" choir VI to sell on its own, I'll bet there would be takers ;-)!!

It would be really cool if Cinesamples would consider making available a "test" version, with just a few samples, for checking out the interface and listening to the quality of the samples. I don't know how feasible that would be though.

Nigel

What I'd like to hear would be demos of traditional choral pieces. Maybe something from the Mozart or Brahms requiems.

That way the library would have to work for the piece, rather than the piece being written to work for the library.

Quote Originally Posted by wcreed View Post
    What I'd like to hear would be demos of traditional choral pieces. Maybe something from the Mozart or Brahms requiems.

That way the library would have to work for the piece, rather than the piece being written to work for the library.
    It would all have to be Ooo, as the choir "only" has a limited number of Latin syllables.

D

Oh... I assumed it would be able to create all the words of the Mass...

From memory I think that you get all the vowels and 25 other components. Whilst this covers a lot of common Latin words, there are others that are not covered.

D

Go Back to forum