• Register
  • Help

Topic: Maple MIDI question

Share/Bookmark

Maple MIDI question

Hey Everyone

For any of you GOS users, I have a quick question.

I tried to install Maple on my xp64 bit version and it won't. And, therefore, MaestroTools won't work either. Did anyone make a 64bit version of Maple before GOS stopped being available? I don't imagine so, but I just thought I would ask to make sure my assumptions didn't rob me of a solution.

Thanks!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Re: Maple MIDI question

According to Jeff's site, 64-bit is not supported at this time.

A similar tool that I use is the (free) LoopBe1 from Nerds.de -- which does work well on x64.

Hope that helps!

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

THANKS David!!

I'll try it!

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    According to Jeff's site, 64-bit is not supported at this time.

A similar tool that I use is the (free) LoopBe1 from Nerds.de -- which does work well on x64.

Hope that helps!

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

OK - so. I installed the LoopBe1 but.. I don't think that is going to work. I still need to be able to load MaestroTools as a plugin. Which I cannot use without Maple (or a really old PC version of Logic) because the MaestroTools that comes with GOS is a maple plugin. (Or logic).

Has anyone else been able to load MT into another host besides Maple? (Or the old Logic).

Just curious. I was able to get MT into Logic, but it doesn't really function the way it should.

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!

I'm not familiar with MaestroTools. Before my time.. lol... being
    a relative newcomer to all this.

But I wonder if this might be of help:

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

I use that (on x64) for all sorts of things, and the LoopBe1 as
    a general hooker-upper.

Best,

David

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    I'm not familiar with MaestroTools. Before my time.. lol... being
    a relative newcomer to all this.

But I wonder if this might be of help:

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

I use that (on x64) for all sorts of things, and the LoopBe1 as
    a general hooker-upper.

Best,

David
    Thanks David! MaestroTools is usually hosted by Maple and acts as a go-between for Gigastudio and your MIDI app. MT allows for a much better experience using GOS. GOS has a HUGE amount of articulations and stuff in there, and MT helped simplify the process. For example: Many of the sets of strings in GOS were designed with a section of the keyboard for up strokes, and an equally sized section of another part of the keyboard for the downstroke - you had to either manually play them alternating hands for each bow stroke, or program them. MaestroTools would work in the background and do that stuff for you. You can just play and it will alternate the bow strokes for you. It also does volume with modwheel vs. velocity. (It does a lot more than that, those are just the two biggies I can think of). This was before the days of round-robin triggering of alternate samples, etc.

I don't think that MT is a VST. So I'm sure I cannot use it with the LoopBe1.
    Thanks anyway though. I appreciate your help.
    Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!

I sincerely hope that I am wrong about this, but I've been trying to find a way to use GOS without GigaStudio, and I am stumped. IF I understood Kontakt scripting I believe I could probably reproduce the main functions in MaestroTools in Kontakt, but I just haven't been able to create the time required yet. And simply importing GOS into Kontakt is remarkably unsatisfying!!!

I am on the verge of setting up an older PC to act as a GigaStudio host... again! This was necessary back in the day, and I had really hoped to get away from that, but alas, it seems that the only way to use GOS is to have a single CPU machine with Windows XP/SP2 and GigaStudio3, Maple, and MaestroTools installed. The first couple parts are easy, but I have been unable to find my authentication code for Maple. I emailed Garritan a while ago, but I know that Gary has his plate full right now with both business and personal issues, so I don't know when I might hear back.

To save you some time... I have tried SampleLord, G-Player, and LinuxSampler, all under both Windows XP (x86) and Windows7 (X64), and they all work, to one degree or another. Of the bunch, right now, I'd have to vote for G-Player as the most compatible. However, none of them can manage to play GOS, Scarbee's original basses or Seyer's Acoustic Bass as they play within GigaStudio - probably for different reasons<G>! My few remaining must-have libraries all imported into Kontakt, so I have not revisited them.

If anyone finds the answer to this puzzle I'll be grateful - the number of times any of us can re-authorize GS3 has to be dwindling...

Thanks!
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

Go Back to forum