• Register
  • Help

Topic: can anyone name

Share/Bookmark

can anyone name

there opinion of the best cds for the following instraments. (by best i mean realist sounding) bare in mind im using these sounds for jazz, soul type music not orchestra type music.

guitars
    brass
    bass guitar
    woodwind
    violins
    pianio

Re: can anyone name

Hello Magnus,

you will find all these instruments (groups) except piano in the Xsample Library. All of them have a very high quality. Test the demos on http://www.xsample.de.

Georg

I just ordered Maximum Strength Guitar from Nemesys. I will let you know how it sounds and plays. I expect it next week.

clueless

I received the Maximum Strength Guitars CD today from Nemesys. First thing right off was a problem: I could not load the MIDI files into Performer. I use MOTU Performer 5.5 on a MAC computer as my sequencer. The MAC operating system reads the files just fine and I have a simple translator program to convert PC MIDI files into MAC MIDI files. However, Performer generates an error when it tries to read the converted files. It has never had a problem with other converted files.

I sent an email message to Nemesys asking for help -- perhaps they can create a MAC/Performer compatible version of the MIDI files. I was looking forward to applying some finesse to my picking -- very disappointing.

Anyone in the forum have any suggestions?

clueless

>[QUOTE]I could not load the MIDI files into Performer. I use MOTU Performer 5.5 on a MAC computer as my sequencer. The MAC operating system reads the files just fine and I have a simple translator program to convert PC MIDI files into MAC MIDI files.
    However, Performer generates an error when
    it tries to read the converted files.

Sorry to hear of your struggles.

I tried this with my Mac(using the same commercial disk as yours)and I was just able to grab the MIDI files and open and play them with Logic (no PC to MAC translation
    necessary). Then I found someone with a Mac with Digital Performer and I was able to do it with that setup also. Do you think that your conversion of the PC MIDI files into Mac MIDI files may be an unnecessary step that could be throwing a monkey wrench in there? I\'m hoping that if you try this without the conversion it might work for you too.

-Matt

Hi Matt:

I renamed the files in the MAC (eliminating the ~) and did not use the converter this time. Then I loaded it into Performer. IT WORKED!! The problem was either the PC naming convention or the converter program (likely the latter).

Thanks. I only had a short time tonight to breeze through the files. Good job. One of them is almost directly usable in a large project I have already started.

I would not object to you doing a few more MIDI files.

clueless

Go Back to forum