• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: XSample Chamber Ens - anyone using and happy?

Share/Bookmark

Question XSample Chamber Ens - anyone using and happy?

Hey Everyone,

Is anyone using the XSample Chamber Ensemble sounds and enjoying them? Particularly interested in the WWs.

Let me know your thoughts, etc.

Thanks,

Mr. A.
    Nuendo 3/ Cubase 4.5 on XP sp2 QuadCore 2.66 Ghz VisionDaw Built DAW RME HDSP 96/52 into ProTools HD3 (digi192x6) on MacPro 3 Ghz... Farm PCs x (6) VisionDaw Machines PC Dual 2.66 Ghz w- Kontakt 3.5 w/ UAD Cards Midi Over Lan

Re: XSample Chamber Ens - anyone using and happy?

Yes, I own and enjoy the XSample Chamber Ensemble.
    Remember, this is mostly solo instruments.
    But, if you use FINALE, this library loads with its own Human Playback protocol and sounds very realistic.
    Woodwinds are very good. So are strings. I think you will be pleased.
    I have owned it for about a year. Use it often.

Yes and yes.
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

In case you are unaware it is 40% off through sounds online under best service. Until September 13.

Regards John

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anxiety View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Is anyone using the XSample Chamber Ensemble sounds and enjoying them? Particularly interested in the WWs.

Let me know your thoughts, etc.

Thanks,

Mr. A.
    Hi, I purchased this set a few months ago as I was looking for a good solo violin. Based purely on the solo strings, I found them to be unsuitable for taking the role of a solo instrument in say a concerto where a lot of expression is required. In their intended role as part of a chamber ensemble, I think they will be fine and I'm looking forward to using them in this way. If this is how you intend to use them, I don't think you'll be disappointed. The harp, BTW, is excellent and was an unexpected surprise.

Regards, Graham

Every time I’m temped to buy this package (which is often, as I AM a Finale user), I get out and listen to the old GigaSampler version of the strings, and then think “Hmmmm… Maybe not…”. One of the problems is that they’re recorded with no natural vibrato; you add that with a Mod wheel controlled LFO, which just never sounds right.

Quote Originally Posted by wcreed View Post
    Every time I’m temped to buy this package (which is often, as I AM a Finale user), I get out and listen to the old GigaSampler version of the strings, and then think “Hmmmm… Maybe not…”. One of the problems is that they’re recorded with no natural vibrato; you add that with a Mod wheel controlled LFO, which just never sounds right.
    Hi wcreed,

certainly you should have your own opinion about the Xsample strings... :-)
    But I have to correct you in one point: There is certainly a natural vibrato (but you can also simualte a vibrato or fade from non vibrato to vibrato while playing). Here are some easy done demos showing the violine / strings instruments played in a live improvisation situation. You can switch all extended techniques and the "solo-ensemble-switch" very easy from your notation software or while playing.
    http://www.xsample.de/temp/XCE_Violin_ensemble.mov
    http://www.xsample.de/temp/XCE_Violin_ensemble_cs.mov
    http://www.xsample.de/temp/XCE_Violin_ensemble_trem.mov
    http://www.xsample.de/temp/XCE_Violin_senza_vib.mov
    http://www.xsample.de/temp/XCE_Violin_vib.mov
    http://www.xsample.de/temp/Emotions_...g_ensemble.mp3

Have fun -
    Georg - Xsample

Thanks Georg and everyone else for responding to my query.

My main interest is in the woodwinds, which leads me to my next question for Georg:

Do the WW have vibrato and non-vibrato versions of their sustain patches? Looking for soloistic sounding instruments.
    Do they also have RR staccato patches for repetitive passages?

Thanks,

Mr. A.
    Nuendo 3/ Cubase 4.5 on XP sp2 QuadCore 2.66 Ghz VisionDaw Built DAW RME HDSP 96/52 into ProTools HD3 (digi192x6) on MacPro 3 Ghz... Farm PCs x (6) VisionDaw Machines PC Dual 2.66 Ghz w- Kontakt 3.5 w/ UAD Cards Midi Over Lan

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Stahl View Post
    You can switch all extended techniques and the "solo-ensemble-switch" very easy from your notation software or while playing.
    Thanks Georg,

Using Finale, how do I increase the vibrato to add the expression needed for certain phrases? Your demos all use 'live' keyboards which I'm not using - and for good reason. I love the tonality of these samples but need to be able to add extra vibrato to the solo strings.

Regard, Graham

I was able to do the TrySounds.com audition for XSample Chamber Orch and I must say the WWs sound pretty darn good! Due to the incredible latency of the site, I was not able to hear how the legato programming is, or figure out how to get to engage. It's sorta like performing surgery with ski gloves on!

So now I must decide if I'm going to take the plunge!

Thanks all for your input,

Mr. A.

Go Back to forum