• Register
  • Help

Topic: My Lincoln Center premiere!!

Share/Bookmark

My Lincoln Center premiere!!

Hello friends,

I just found out that I will have a Lincoln Center premiere of an hour-long work, in six movements, scored for three soloists (soprano, mezzo, tenor), chorus, and orchestra titled "Flowers over the Graves of War." It will take place in the Spring of 2012. Choirs are coming in from around the country to perform the work. I'd love for any of my fellow forum members living in New York, or anywhere else for that matter, to feel free to come to the performance; I think I get some comp tickets. I'll keep y'all posted when a firm date is nailed down.

James

James Eakin
    www.jameseakin.com
    www.misfitmusicstudios.com
    James G. Eakin III, DMA
    Composer-In-Residence,
    Turtle Creek Chorale
    Assistant Director-Film Scoring program,
    Aspen Music Festival & School
    www.jameseakin.com

Re: My Lincoln Center premiere!!

Wow - great news. Congrats, and best of luck!

But one thing - Spring of 2012? Almost two years? Why so long?

Smile Re: My Lincoln Center premiere!!

[QUOTE=But one thing - Spring of 2012? Almost two years? Why so long?[/QUOTE]

It's a little over a year and a half. It takes about that long to book Lincoln Center. The performance was going to take place at Carnegie Hall, but it is about to undergo a three year renovation (that's what I was told, anyway), so all of the performances that would have taken place there will happen at Lincoln Center. Also, since choirs from around the country are singing, etc., there are a lot of logistical hoops to jump through, i.e. a date that works for all participants, etc. They also need time to rehearse and plan for performances local to the respective groups (all the groups will perform the work in their home towns in preparation for the Lincoln Center performance). At any rate, it will be a LONG wait for me! Hope that answers your question.
    James G. Eakin III, DMA
    Composer-In-Residence,
    Turtle Creek Chorale
    Assistant Director-Film Scoring program,
    Aspen Music Festival & School
    www.jameseakin.com

Go Back to forum