• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need help with Omnisphere sound

Share/Bookmark

Need help with Omnisphere sound

Hi,

I loaded a soundsource called "Ehhh Vocal Noise Bed". I need this sound
    to be static but for some reason it fluctuates in volume, kind of like a tremolo effect.
    How can I make this static?
    Thank you.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Re: Need help with Omnisphere sound

your only chance would be resampling it and creating a shorter loop that sounds more static.
    Do you have Kontakt and know how to sample, map and loop?

Hi Hans,
    Thanks for the reply.
    No, I don't have Kontakt.
    I've decided I would either use this version of the soundsource (it'll be low volume so maybe the tremolo effect won't be notice) or I'll look for something else.
    Thanks anyway.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

The noise generator is synth mode is extremely flexible with several controls to tailor the character of the noise. If there's a specific sound you have in mind, that may be the best way to achieve it.

- Glenn
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

another trick you could try to make mask the amplitude modulation in the sample is to layer it with itsself by running it thru an echo effect that is set to a time length that corrosponds with the rate of the modulation in the sample.
    Set the delaytime to 50% of that so the repeat will overlap with the original to hide the bumps.
    Wont make it static but the bump will not be as obvious.
    You could stack some echoes at different timesettings to mask it even more.

Thank you Hans (again) and GlennO.
    Since I'm more of a preset guy I'm looking for a preset that'll get me close to where I need with just minor tweaking. I'll try Hans' suggestion.

Go Back to forum