• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Sample Logic announces Cinematic Guitars

Share/Bookmark

Sample Logic announces Cinematic Guitars

Hey Guys,
    We are proud to announce "Cinematic Guitars"

check it out (Make sure to watch the videos): www.samplelogic.com/cinematicguitars.html

What is Cinematic Guitars? Cinematic Guitars is a powerful collection of morphed guitar instruments harnessed in a remarkably adaptable "core effects sequencer" engine powered by the Native Instruments Kontakt Player. Derived entirely from true electric and acoustic guitar recordings by guitar guru Steve Ouimette (known for his work on the Guitar Hero franchise) this library is not a traditional guitar sample library, rather, it is an extensive collection of atmospheres, instrumentals, and percussives unlike any ever heard before.

Cinematic Guitars is this year's "Must Have" and is going to entirely change the way you use virtual instruments!

Check out these videos:
    TEASER

MULTIS IN ACTION

• Over 125 multis available in Cinematic Guitars

For more information check out: Cinematic Guitars
    Joe Trupiano
    Sample Logic LLC
    www.samplelogic.com

Re: Sample Logic announces Cinematic Guitars

Sir,

This is certainly not meant to be a put-down, but IMHO, this is too much B. S. eye-candy. Let us hear realistic guitars...if indeed you have any.

Where were the guitars? I didn't hear any.

With all due respect, Sir, you may need to shift your focus. I wish you luck in the future.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I love the sounds. One question for you guys, Joe: is it a collection of presets, or is it a collection of filters that you'd apply to your own sounds? As an orchestral guy, I've never been able to get my head around guitar filters & what they do/how they work... is knowledge of guitar filters necessary, or is this a plug-and-play collection of sounds/presets that take advantage of various filters and fx?

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    Sir,

This is certainly not meant to be a put-down, but IMHO, this is too much B. S. eye-candy. Let us hear realistic guitars...if indeed you have any.

Where were the guitars? I didn't hear any.

With all due respect, Sir, you may need to shift your focus. I wish you luck in the future.

Regards,
    wow, did you read the description? it's not meant to be a typical guitar library. there are tons out there. not only that, a guitar is probably the easiest instrument for someone to record. so why would they want to release another regular guitar library?

looks awesome guys.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Dear Larry,

I REALLY think you've missed the point of this library...... There are LOADS of great realistic libraries
    around and this is in no way meant to be one!!! And it sounds all the better for it!

This seems to be picking up from where "Bizarre Guitars" left off and that is STILL an awesome library.

I for one can't wait for it.

Looks like a really interesting and exciting new product from SL, Joe, and I'm looking forward to learning more about it in the days ahead. Also, I too would be interested in reading the answer to Kerry's question. Cheers.....frank
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Thanks Guys,
    Yes, this is by no way a "traditional sample library." With the exception of setting the guitar on fire we recorded the guitar in every posable untraditional way we could think of.

We took hours and hours of guitar recordings and manipulated and morphed them. From there our goal was to literarily reinvent kontakt player by doing things that have never been done before. I think of it as "Sample Synthesis." With the Multi-core effects sequencer built into every instrument that we designed, you can assign tempo-synced step sequencers (not to be confused with an arpeggiator) to any effect and automate multiple effects simultaneously. In addition, there is also a separate instrument arpeggiator that you can use on every instrument.

As for the eye candy, actually the eye candy is awesome because it gives you a visual representation of the effect being sequenced in real time so you can use your eyes and ears, which makes life evan easier when tweaking.

I really can go on and on, but I would rather leave some suspense and continue to slowly reveal more videos and demo tracks over the coarse of the next month..

I really think this product hits on multiple levels of pioneering and forging ahead with the future of virtual instruments and we are really glad all of our hard work and visions were accomplished with Cinematic Guitars.

Anyways stay tuned we got much more to show..
    Joe Trupiano
    Sample Logic LLC
    www.samplelogic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Trupiano View Post
    ...With the exception of setting the guitar on fire
    Nice..lol.

Hope there will be a "Guitarix" for live.

I have Morphestra and love it, but to be honest I find myself using Acoustix more.

~C
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

Nope no Guitarix in the near future. However I must say, the flexibility in the interface with Cinematic Guitars is similar to if not even more powerful then Acoustix and Metalix. Obviously, with Acoustix and Metalix you have the control of Live, which allowed us to program instruments into the DAW majority limiting CPU and giving you tons of control that you cant get with a standard sampler. This fact actually was one of our key inspirations with the Cinematic Guitars interface. We really wanted to go outside the kontakt box and give users the same control and flexibility of using our kontakt products. This is why we essentially reinvented the kontakt engine from the ground up and designed a "Core Effect Sequencer." WIth CInematic Guitars built-in interface you get soo many effects and possibilities, that you can tweak in realtime, I can honestly say there really is no need for any additional audio effects or processing, which gives you that easy one stop built-in control to create and manipulate on an entirely new level.
    Joe Trupiano
    Sample Logic LLC
    www.samplelogic.com

Thanks, Joe, for the additional information. I'm enjoying learning more about this upcoming release, and am also pleased to note that you have included a number of 'Ambience' and similar type multis in the package [of interest to those of us who don't exactly fall into the "head banger" category! ] ...............frank
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Go Back to forum