• Register
  • Help

Topic: LASS A.R.T. Video -- How to create cool odd-meter patterns 7/8 (LASS Lite)

Share/Bookmark

LASS A.R.T. Video -- How to create cool odd-meter patterns 7/8 (LASS Lite)

Hi Guys,

I'm posting a quick tutorial video on how to create odd rhythms with LASS's A.R.T. script.

While the video demonstrates this on LASS Lite, the exact same thing can be done on all LASS A.R.T. patches from all versions of LASS.

Video -- How to make a 7/8 rhythm using LASS's A.R.T script.

It also shows how to impose 7/8 over 4/4.

I hope some of you find this helpful/interesting.

Cheers,

Andrew K

Re: LASS A.R.T. Video -- How to create cool odd-meter patterns 7/8 (LASS Lite)

AWESOME! I'm trying this right now!

I have but one word: outstanding!

ok, a couple more:

I really want this library. it is at the top of the list. Come on big contract!

This makes me REALLY wish there was student discount for music majors.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael135 View Post
    This makes me REALLY wish there was student discount for music majors.
    Hi Michael,

I hear you. One of the main reasons we released Lite and First chair was for the student market... and also to introduce people to the LASS sound and patches. That's why there is a dolloar-for-dollar upgrade path (+$50 license upgrade fee). So een if you buy the LASS Lite, or FC, you are still able to apply you $$ to the full purchase.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andrew K

Hmm... are there any demos with done with the LASS lite? Right now I'm using EWQLSO, and the strings in it are pretty good, which is why I hesitate to consider anything less than the full version of LASS,which sounds REALLY good , but I just can't justify spending 1k (which I don't even have ) JUST on strings. I might consider LASS lite if I could hear some stuff done with it, so I can actually compare it to what I have now

Quote Originally Posted by Michael135 View Post
    Hmm... are there any demos with done with the LASS lite? Right now I'm using EWQLSO, and the strings in it are pretty good, which is why I hesitate to consider anything less than the full version of LASS,which sounds REALLY good , but I just can't justify spending 1k (which I don't even have ) JUST on strings. I might consider LASS lite if I could hear some stuff done with it, so I can actually compare it to what I have now
    Hi Michael,

The video on this thread is all LASS Lite. I'm out of town for 1 week, but when I get back in, I'll post more Lite and FC demos. But just so you know, EWQLSO doesn't have any legato, portamento or glissando with Real Legato samples, nor does it have anything remotely like the A.R.T. tool... or polyphonic legato... or the Auto Arranger... or diatonic trill scrips... all of which are part of LASS Lite. LASS Lite's patches have the exact same functionality as the Full Mix patches that come with LASS (full), they are not "dumbed down". LASS Lite simply doesn't have the divisis or the First Chair. But... the LASS Lite patches are in essence a stereo mix-down of all the divisis playing together.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andrew K

Go Back to forum