• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Is anyone else experiencing problems accessing the forum?

Share/Bookmark

Is anyone else experiencing problems accessing the forum?

From my office the forum takes absolutely ages to load. I get the banner at the top and nothing else for about 4 minutes. It is completely unusable. This has been since the switchover to the new forum.

I have tried different browsers - it is not that.

Anyone else experiencing this?

(If you have you probably given up visiting).

Re: Is anyone else experiencing problems accessing the forum?

No such problems here, even with my slow connection. Maybe you could make use of a utility such as CC (Crap Cleaner), which is helpful.

Richard

I've noticed it is a little slower than it used to be but nothing like what you're describing.

Is it at home too for you?

steve winkler

Alan, I've had my issues with the new Forum, but as with the others responding here, I'm not experiencing the extreme kind of difficulties you're describing. The pages load in an average amount of time for me, which is pretty fast.

But oh dear, what if what's happening with you is happening with other users? - it could help explain the absolute snail's pace of posts we've ground down to---

Randy

There certainly has been a low level of activity here lately. But that is also the case at Sibelius Music. Perhaps it is the season of the year? Too much twitter, facebook, etc?

Richard

Is it just this forum, or do some other pages show the same problem? It could be that the browser needs an update, or the internet settings need to be changed (a utility called Tune Up Utilites can probably help speed things up. I believe that there is a trial version).

Completely out of the blue, maybe your workplace automatically routes selected sites through a proxy server to make it "inconvenient" to visit them. It could be a nice, tricky way for a grumpy manager to enhance productivity without giving the impression of being a dictator by physcally blocking sites. But then, this certainly would not explain why the problems suddenly happened when we changed to a new forum.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." – Henry Thoreau

I have had no issues accessing this forum. Then again, I haven't been here in a while.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by C J Pro View Post
    ...Then again, I haven't been here in a while.
    That, alas, is so true. Allow me to say - it's very good to see you here again. Come back soon?

Randy

No problems here...extremely routine and I visit at least 5 times a day. I hope you get the problem sorted out soon - we need guys like you active here!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

No problems overhere, may be you should use this:

Raymond

Go Back to forum